COMPLAINT: Qantas Terrible in-flight and post travel experience

Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:39 AM
K John K John is offline

Join Date: Feb 2013

AN ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE
We are totally disappointed with the overall service of Qantas. Myself and kids made a booking (5LFWIT) to travel from Auckland to Dallas (return). (a) Since we were going first time and change over time at Los Angeles was very short, a special handling request was made for guidance at Los Angeles to complete immigration formalities, so that we can board onward flight on time. Acceptance to this request was given vide 1904008891, yet no such service provided. (b) Although we have booked to travel in Qantas, service provided in different airlines viz Jet connect, American Airlines, Jetstar etc. (c) Worst such scenario was the return leg from Melbourne to Auckland by QF124 JETSTAR on 3rd Feb. After long hours of journey from Dallas to Melbourne, no food or water provided in Jetstar. We have not booked for a cheaper travel or on special fare; we were supposed to be provided meals throughout. My kids were totally dehydrated by the time they got back at Auckland. (d) Situation further worsened after landing at Auckland searching for our baggage. My searching continued for over 2 hrs while my family members were desperately waiting outside to receive us. To my utter surprise, no-one cared to inform what is happening. Later on, we have approached luggage assistance counter for enquiry. Then only it was told that, our luggage (contains so much of our essential items) has not loaded in the same flight. We were told that, it will be reaching same night itself and will be home delivered straight away. Surprisingly QANTAS has never made an apology until this day about these issues nor even bothered to give a courtesy call. After three days of several phone calls, we have got our luggage on the 4th day with most of the items damaged and one full bag item came in a see-through plastic sac(e) I have also called up QANTAS Auckland customer service, and the response was pathetic. I asked the CSR to escalate it to the supervisor to discuss the baggage issue as she was not able to answer my query, Aka inturn transferred to Air NZ baggage service. They have advised that they can’t be of any help because we came by Jetstar. I called back Qantas once again, and the CSR told that we can’t do much about it, It’s a usual thing; “Whenever we find it, it will be delivered.” What a silly answer- after all getting connected to Customer service itself requires extreme patience. An absolutely TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE going with QANTAS altogether. I don’t think I would ever go with Qantas again, what a waste taking ‘frequent flyer membership’ as well.

missing luggage, no food, qantas, terrible service, worst ever service qantas

Customer Service Etihad Airways - terrible experience zubairn Etihad Airways Complaints 7 Jun 30, 2013 3:06 AM
Customer Service Terrible Experience! tk1234 Customer Service 0 Jan 29, 2012 7:09 PM
Qantas - Terrible service jamesduk Other Airline Complaints 1 May 31, 2008 11:44 PM