COMPLAINT: KLM staff obnoxious behavior to family

Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:06 AM
amaniatis amaniatis is offline

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Athens Greece

Only a couple of days ago, KLM twitted a disrespectful, rude post against Mexico. But it is not only KLM marketing that behaves rudely. Read what my wife, my 8 months old son and myself had to suffer from KLMs employees at the Amsterdam Airport, back in 2010, when I had to re-schedule our flight and disembark in Amsterdam instead of Athens, but only after having repeatedly checked with their help desks (both in the US and Athens) that this is something I could do without trouble and without cost!

In a summary, we were informed that we should wait, have been fined more than 500 euros, were kept standing for hours in front of the KLM ticket office to pay and then more to retrieve our luggage, my wife and baby were crying from fatigue and despair, the KLM staff were ironic and indifferent, we were led to miss our booked and already paid train to Paris and buy new tickets.

For those of you that have the time and need to read more details for this, I attach a copy of the letter of complaint against KLM Airlines I had prepared at the time, complaining for misleading guidance, as well as for misconduct towards airline passengers (my wife, my 8 month baby boy and myself). I addressed the letter to KLM and the other members of their alliance (DELTA Airlines and AirFrance), as well as to the Greek Civil Aviation Authority, with little result.

I only hope that no other passenger and family will go through such a dreadful experience ever.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip KLM Complaint (for posts).zip (37.9 KB, 4 views)

Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:01 PM
[email protected] crylics@gmail.com is offline

Join Date: Jul 2015

On July 9 2015 I booked for my wife and me a flight from AMS to MUC dpt. Sept.7 (locator# 809QFI) paid with my debit card (SEPIA direct debit) which was accepted and I rcvd. from KLM a confirmation and issued a e-ticket.
On July 29th I rcvd a garbled voicemail from KLM. On my call-back a agent and supervisor told me that our booking had been suspended because the bank had just that day (after 20 days!!) reversed my SEPIA payment. I had to re-book our flight at a much higher rate!
I called my bank and was told that there was no record of a failed transaction or reversing payment and that my account and debit card are in good standing.
I must conclude that your system failed (should have rejected my SEPIA Maestro-debit payment immediately so that I had a chance to use my Visa card instead).
Your CS persons were not very helpful and stonewalled it (not even an attempt to compromise).
I should not be held responsible for the higher airfare because your system failed to reject
immediately. No notification that Maestro debit card is not excepted!
KLM was always one of the highly regarded airlines for me; however after this - very unprofessional handling of that situation I am very disappointed in your company.
A cancellation of a confirmed contract/booking after 20!! days is against every international business law or custom.
How can anybody do business if a contract is torn up 3 weeks after acknowledgement and confirmation?
After I contacted Delta (code sharing with KLM) a CS person agreed with me almost immediately and issued a refund voucher for the difference of fare.
What a difference in Customer Care attitude! Thank you, Delta-Booo KLM(-

complaint, direspectful, klm, rude employees

AA Advantage...Obnoxious and Useless bairnsal AAdvantage Complaints 3 May 20, 2016 2:19 PM
Rubbish Behavior and attitude of your ground staff at Mumbai Airport sandeepjainrocks Other Airline Complaints 0 Feb 19, 2014 6:02 PM
Customer Service Utterly rude behavior tarnoff Delta Air Lines Complaints 8 Aug 2, 2010 7:30 AM
Customer Service Belligerent Obnoxious AA Employee/Miami Airport Dee Joy American Airlines Complaints 11 Jan 28, 2010 4:52 AM
Reservations A.A. Rude and Obnoxious txchampaign American Airlines Complaints 6 Apr 11, 2009 4:18 AM