View Poll Results: how many have had baggage problems(BEING OVERCHARGED)
CHARGED FOR CARRYON LUGGAGE BY AIR AITAILA 0 0%
BOOKED ON KLM WEB SITE AND luggage ruiles changed with no notification 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Baggage Problems
COMPLAINT: Seniors beware (af9832)

Old Nov 14, 2015, 4:58 PM

SENIORS BEWARE OFR KLM WEB SITE. Read following explanation this is the response we got after waiting 6 weeks for a reply from KLM if you book with them and they use another airline even though their web site told us luggage weight was the same .

BEWARE IT WILL COST YOU MONEY SENIORS CAN'T AFFORD TO LOOSE.WE WILL NEVER AGAIN FLY ON KLM.

Thank you for contacting us on our social media. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you mention and also for the delay to answer you back. I regret to learn about the confusion surrounding your excess luggage. Unfortunately, I cannot assist you with this matter since it occured with Alitalia. Please contact their customer care department for further assistance.

As usual KLM will not take responsibility about their web site they say it is another airlines responsibility even if booked on their web site so

SENIORS BEWARE USING KLM WEB SITE THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF

SENIORS BEWARE OF USING KLM WEB SITE. ONCE THEY HAVE OVERCHARGED YOU THEY SAY THEY ARE LOOKING INTO THE PROBLEM BUT THEY SEEM TO HOPE YOU WILL FORGET ABOUT IT.We have been trying to get a refund on a luggage charge since Sept.18/15 we sent them the information they requested on Oct. 9/15 they said they would forward it to the right dept. but still no update. they have responded to some inquiries saying they are looking into it please be patient(HOW PATIENT DO WE HAVE TO BE) we are looking into it. Send it from one dept. to another saying they will be in touch.No one has ever tried to contact us it seems to us just another cash grab on unsuspecting seniors see enclosed articles.

We got a e-mail from Air Alitalia customer service and called the 1-800 number they supplied we talked to a rep named ETI from albania after a 20 minute conversation about the problem after a long hold he said the problem was their airline have different carry on weights and their was only 8kilos and that is why our luggage was to heavy so that is why the charge of 70 euros applied.when we booked on the KLM web site it told me that the luggage weight was 23kilos checked in and 12 kilos carry on for all our flights.please try to get this rectified the rep indicated that klm would have to call them.waiting your reply

We are seniors and this is the second time using KLM the first was booked through a travel agent to Europe with a cruise. This year using a stop at Paris then to Rome to connect with a cruise we did our own air on the KLM website. The flight from Toronto to Paris our luggage weight was ok on a Air France(SISTER AIRLINE) flight, also on our return two flights home Rome to Amsterdam and then to Toronto. When we checked in for our flight Paris to Rome it was on a Air France counter with a boarding pass from them we were told our flight was with Air Alitalia and to check in at their gate when at the gate they had a makeshift scale and weighed everything including my wife's purse and said I would have to check in my carryon as they said along with a small bag was overweight and pay 70 Euros($115 Canadian) OR THE LUGGAGE WOULD NOT BE LOADED ON THE PLANE we had no choice but to pay they said that they did not have the same rules as KLM which we were not told about. We called customer service to complain when we got home and they said they could not help even though we had booked on their site we would have to call Alitalia with a tel.# they supplied. when we called that # was told that we would have to e-mail them as they do not accept phone calls which we did also to KLM but have not had any replies. To us it seems like a money grab as seniors we don't need the stress BEWARE WHEN YOU USE KLM WEB SITE to book your flights????????? this is how KLM treats us seniors.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook