Reservations
COMPLAINT: My booking was cancelled, never received a proper confirmation

Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:45 PM

I had booked my flights 2 months in advance, received my confirmations and forgot about them. On the day of the flight I decided to check the flight status and realised that my booking had been cancelled. The customer support told me that my payment didn't get through and that I was notified but I didn't respond and so they had to cancel the booking. I had to book the flights 2 days later and pay double the price. When I looked for the email that was supposedly sent to notify me about the problem, it looked like a normal confirmation email, with just one sentence at the end asking me to get in touch with the customer support. There was not a single word about any problems with payment, no mention of it either in the subject of the email or at the beginning of it, or at an obvious place. I filed a complaint, but never received any response. I wouldn't want to have such a "surprise" when having to book more critical flights, I should probably restrain from using this airline again.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:23 AM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

in 2014 when I flew to Europe, and on various airlines in Europe, including KLM and Lufthansa, as well as EasyJet, I received e-mails, and a call from KLM and called the airline back directly, I had no problems. They wanted to confirm the bookings were legit and real.
Next time try calling the airlines right after you book with them.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook