Reservations
COMPLAINT: My booking was cancelled, never received a proper confirmation

Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:45 PM
sevasta sevasta is offline

Join Date: Jan 2017

I had booked my flights 2 months in advance, received my confirmations and forgot about them. On the day of the flight I decided to check the flight status and realised that my booking had been cancelled. The customer support told me that my payment didn't get through and that I was notified but I didn't respond and so they had to cancel the booking. I had to book the flights 2 days later and pay double the price. When I looked for the email that was supposedly sent to notify me about the problem, it looked like a normal confirmation email, with just one sentence at the end asking me to get in touch with the customer support. There was not a single word about any problems with payment, no mention of it either in the subject of the email or at the beginning of it, or at an obvious place. I filed a complaint, but never received any response. I wouldn't want to have such a "surprise" when having to book more critical flights, I should probably restrain from using this airline again.

Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:23 AM
A320FAN A320FAN is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

in 2014 when I flew to Europe, and on various airlines in Europe, including KLM and Lufthansa, as well as EasyJet, I received e-mails, and a call from KLM and called the airline back directly, I had no problems. They wanted to confirm the bookings were legit and real.
Next time try calling the airlines right after you book with them.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Cancelled by booking mammahoo United Airlines Complaints 1 Dec 16, 2016 2:45 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Cancelled booking despite full payment and confirmation. Jameelc Etihad Airways Complaints 1 Oct 4, 2016 9:28 AM
Refund not received for cancelled tickets even after 3 months ReddySharmila General Discussion 2 Nov 5, 2015 10:46 AM
Customer Service One Year Since I Cancelled My Booking - Still No Refund!!! Tkidon Etihad Airways Complaints 3 Dec 17, 2014 4:52 PM
Check-in / Boarding Lufthansa cancelled my booking Lufthansasucks Lufthansa Complaints 9 Aug 26, 2013 5:25 PM