COMPLAINT: Qantas

Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:39 AM
Ptpops Ptpops is offline

Join Date: Jul 2012

Before booking was made Oct 2011, I called Qantas Sales and requested advice as to type of fare I should choose as there was every possibility my daughter would not return until 7 Feb 2013. We discussed one way fares and I was advised that this would be substantially more expensive and I should buy a return ticket with a 6 month date and then if my daughter chose to extend her time in Florida to Feb, initiate the flight change prior to July 7, pay the fee approx $200.00. I just tried to effect this change and have been advised this ticket is only valid for 12 months. This was not mentioned to me by Qantas sales prior to booking. Obviously if the information was correctly provided we would not be in this position. I contacted Qantas care for a credit on the return leg, they rejected it and are most un-willing to find a solution

Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:41 PM
one_step_beyond one_step_beyond is offline

Join Date: Jul 2012

Tickets usually have a maximum stay of 3 months, 6 months or 12 months after the first flight is taken, never any longer, if the one way cost a lot more at the time of booking, I wouldn't be complaining that you can't extend the stay beyond 12 months as by booking that return flight you saved money whether it get's used or not...
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:53 PM

What are you talking about... the complaint is about bad advice? I think it is perfectly reasonable to complain that you have been poorly advised.

Whether or not your position has been materially affected by the bad advice is another matter... but Qantas ought not to be giving advice which is inaccurate and misleading. The OP may have decided the whole trip was unaffordable if the advice had been accurate, so it is far from certain that this advice has not had a material effect on the OP and that Qantas are not legally responsible for this.

qantas sales

Bad Qantas! sasquatch Qantas Complaints 0 Aug 2, 2011 2:05 AM
Qantas SazNz Qantas Complaints 0 Jul 13, 2011 10:03 PM
Does QANTAS really want to listen to you? rassty Qantas Complaints 18 Feb 6, 2011 11:20 PM
Can the Qantas-BA merger really fly? - The Age RSS Feed Qantas Complaints 0 Dec 3, 2008 3:06 PM