View Poll Results: Is KLM going to struggle like Airfrance soon?
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Maybe 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

COMPLAINT: KLM, not family friendly!

Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:46 AM
bolababu bolababu is offline

Join Date: Aug 2015

My wife and 7 month old son had their flights delayed for more than 9 hours by KLM, due to their own errors and bad weather. This brought the total journeying time to 16 hours, instead of 5 hours. My wife had only packed baby food for the original duration of the flight. My son was crying for hunger and fatigue but they both received absolutely no help from KLM. I called KLM and pleaded with them to do something but they asked me to tell her to take him to a restaurant, what do they serve to 7 month olds at restaurants? She had to improvise and had to get warm water from the toilet to make him some concussion from things she found at a candy store. This happened for 9 hours, and all that time, I was in touch with KLM but they simply maintained that there was nothing that they could do, despite the delay having been from their end. My wife went those 9 hours without any food. Putting a nursing mother and an infant through such a traumatic experience did not bother KLM one bit. They just brushed it off like it didn't matter.

Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:28 AM
Burgers Burgers is offline

Join Date: May 2013

You said the flight delays were due to "their own errors and bad weather" I don't know what "their own errors" are but you can't blame KLM for the weather.
Not having enough baby food is terrible, KLM was about as prepared to feed your child as your wife was. I don't see how a any business is supposed to stock baby formula.
Your wife went 9 hours without food? Does she not have money or the common sense to buy some food?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:05 PM
bolababu bolababu is offline

Join Date: Aug 2015

Sir, the last part of your comment was very moronic. In that situation, not many people think about eating burgers like you would do. Our child was her priority at that point, not herself.
Referring to bad weather was an attempt at being fair, in order to show that the delays were not entirely KLM's fault. The flights from Birmingham to Amsterdam was also late, which led to this bad situation, and there was no bad weather in Birmingham, that was based on error.
If the airline can offer baby formula in-flight, then they have it stockpiled, it would not have hurt them to be at least nice, instead of acting like cold-hearted vampires.
Just for your sake, I would also like to re-iterate that our anger at this situation is not based on what actually happened, this could happen to any airline. Our anger is at the manner with which it was handled. All the time my family spent at that airport, I was on the phone and social media to KLM, and they didn't lift a finger.
Lastly, @Burger, If you are a PR representative for KLM, you do not know your job and I can assure you that I would have done a much better job than you did here, in handling a situation like this.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked AA not customer friendly woodywar American Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 21, 2012 1:53 PM
Check-in / Boarding Delta NOT military family friendly at Milw. WI phynew Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Sep 30, 2011 9:24 PM