COMPLAINT: KLM Problem

Old Jan 11, 2010, 7:44 PM
taylor99 taylor99 is offline

Join Date: Jan 2010

I flew with KLM last week from Seattle to London City airport, via Amsterdam after spending my Christmas holiday at home with the family. When I arrived in London City, my bag did not arrive with me. Fine, bags get lost, I understand that. KLM even lost my bags on the way to Seattle as well.

The problem is, I have not got my bags yet - it's been a week. What's more, I can't get a hold of anyone. I have tried phoning the KLM baggage assistance phone number I was given at the airport missing baggage counter (when I filled out the property irregularity report) twice a day every day since I got back, and I am just left on hold. I've counted the minutes I've been on the line in my call history, and it's been over 3 hours already, and I haven't talked to anyone. I've written 3 unanswered emails, too. In fact, I am entertaining myself right now while I wait on hold even more...

According to the baggage tracing site on the KLM homepage, there is no longer any record of my case. The Courier Systems used by KLM may have my bag, but they require that yo leave a message and they'll call you back. Again, I've left a message every day and no one has called me.

Nobody wants to talk to me.....

Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:17 AM

Send a recorded delivery letter telling them if they don't communicate with you within 72 hours you will file a claim in small claims court. You can do this online. The address is

It will cost you very little and you can also claim the extra costs in going to court. It will also get their attention.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 1:29 PM
taylor99 taylor99 is offline

Join Date: Jan 2010

Hmm.. thanks for that, I think I will send a recorded delivery. I am a bit wary of going to court, though, it's only been a week without my bags, even if it is a week with the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

What about calling an Amsterdam office instead? Although, that could be even more expensive if I am on hold for 1 hour.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:46 PM

If you follow the link, you don't actually have to go to court.. .it can all be done online. I found their London office more helpful than the Amsterdam office when they messed up my plans.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 1:10 AM
Leatherboy2006 Leatherboy2006 is offline

Join Date: Nov 2007

why is this under American Airlines and not under other airlines since no page for KLM?

Reservations reservation problem skipper15 Air Canada Complaints 12 May 23, 2009 10:10 PM
Customer Service Does AA Have a Problem w/ the Handicapped? CWas American Airlines Complaints 12 Apr 18, 2009 7:44 PM
Customer Service Does AA Have a Problem w/ the Handicapped? CWas American Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 16, 2009 4:07 PM