Reservations
COMPLAINT: Taking your money

Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:42 PM

I recently made reservations for my daughter to come and visit me. Being a teenager she missed her flight. While I can understand Southwest airlines keeping the money for that missed flight, I do not find it acceptable for Southwest to cancel the return trip flight which is / or was 11 days after the first flight. I was told the 2nd flight was cancelled and that they would be keeping the money for the second flight. I had options to get my daughter here and return via the second flight. Either by taking a later Southwest flight or via another carrier. If MY daughter at tha time missed the second flight I would have no issues with Southwest keeping my money.

BUT NO SOUTHWEST CANCELLED THE 2ND FLIGHT AND HAS REFUSED TO PROVIDE EITHER A REFUND OR A CREDIT.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:28 PM

Usually, the value of tickets for missed and/or cancelled flights are converted to travel funds which can be used to purchase other tickets.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:55 PM

No offer was made and I was told it was policy to take all. I told them I would probably Start a post stating my dissatisfaction I was told sorry you feel that way.