Reservations
COMPLAINT: Seat Bait Upgrade

Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:01 PM

This has happened twice in six months now. We order our tickets months in advance and we never get to sit together. They randomly seat you and then tell you if you want to sit together you need to pay an upgrade fee. This is not the way to do business. My wife is scared of flying and wants to sit next to me, but not with Delta she has to sit next to a complete stranger. When you call they pretty much tell you there is nothing they can do for you, but you may upgrade for anywhere between $42 and $75. I am already paying between $400-$500 per ticket and now i have to pay more to sit next to my wife. This is a terrible way to do business.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:12 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

this never happend to me on delta, and i have no status on them at all, and dont care for the airline. they are telling you that you have to pay because there are only "priority seats" left. If you book really early there are usually seats together towards the back (the seats up by the front and exit seats are for purchase). sometimes if im travelling with somebody (and we use delta) we dont assign our seats and the agents see that we are travelling together, she/he tries to seat us together. keep looking online after you book your tickets, the airlines do hold certain seats or block them
Old Dec 19, 2012, 5:29 PM

but my experience in Delta is totally different to what you say. I reserved 3 months in advance, selected my 3 seats to keep my family together but when I went to check in the day before my reserved seats were gone, and I even didn't have the option to upgrade since all the seats were "reserved" by the airline for somebody else. When calling a representative for help they just told me I must wait until the last minute to find out where my seats would be and I just have to take it. This is the uttermost lack of respect to the customer and I won't fly on that airline anymore