Old Jun 24, 2008, 7:14 PM
Mohan Mohan is offline

Join Date: Jun 2008
Unhappy Paid $100 to get on the plane

We were flying back home from our visit to India. We had to fly on Delta from NY - JFK to Atlanta. We had boarding passes with us, but we were told that we cannot get on the flight since the flight would take off in 20 minutes. But to my surprise they were allowing others who came in after us.

so we requested this guy in the counter and he said "Money talks here!!!" here asked us to pay $100 dollars so we could get on the flight for which we had boarding passes!!!. We travelled all the way from India to NY without any trouble...Very dissappointed with the system.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 5:45 AM
Silent Bob Silent Bob is offline

Location: NY NY

I don't think that sort of thing is acceptable on any airlines. In fact that would have been a prime time to raise some heck, such as call a supervisor, or even the police. Now if others were being allowed on the plane, whereas you could not then definitely you were wronged. Please tell me you didn't really pay some agent 100 bucks to get on a flight u paid for, without speaking to a manager first?
Old Jun 25, 2008, 2:55 PM
Mohan Mohan is offline

Join Date: Jun 2008

I hate to say this but yes we paid $60 to get on the plane! Once we paid the money everybody was eager to get us on the plane. THE SYSTEM REALLY SUCKS!!!!! My 2 little kids were very tired and sleepy and all that Delta people were concerned was with MONEY!!!!!.... We fly frequently, this is the first time I have experienced this. SHAME TO DELTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 18, 2009, 5:18 PM
mikew1231 mikew1231 is offline

Join Date: Apr 2009

Hello Mohan,

I'm just wondering, was it $100 or $60.00?

oops I see that this post is over a year old!
Old Apr 18, 2009, 11:07 PM

I think he asked for $100 but accepted $60

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked bumped from first to coach on paid ticket! heidec Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 2 Apr 7, 2008 3:39 PM
Customer Service Paid for Buisness received Econonmy seats ljgflyer United Airlines Complaints 0 Dec 15, 2007 9:15 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked My Plane Took Off Early! pplazano Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 1 Oct 29, 2007 5:17 AM
Suggestion I have lost my luggage 4 times and they paid me peanuts... rvangipuram American Airlines Complaints 0 Oct 2, 2007 6:12 PM
Baggage Problems Paid $81 extra for luggage, got damaged, they won't repair seigler Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Apr 26, 2007 11:59 AM