COMPLAINT: Missing Luggage

Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:02 PM
RachelJane RachelJane is offline

Join Date: Jul 2008

I just wanted to make a complaint and warn others not to use AA to travel with as they did a number of things which I consider to be unacceptable.
I flew from Heathrow, London to Raleigh, North Carolina and from North Carolina to Miami and then from Miami to the Bahamas on 28th June 2008.
The flights went ok and I was quite impressed with American Airlines as none of the flights were delayed. We had to take our luggage off at Raleigh to go through emergration but were told they would then be checked straight through to The Bahamas. As there was only about 20 minutes betweem he flight to Miami and the flight leaving from Miami I said to my travelling buddy that there was no way the luggage would get on in that time....i had however been assured by two members off staff that it would.
Once we landed in Bahamas after 18 hours of travelling at 9.30pm (london time 2.30am) and obviously extremely tired we were advised that our luggage had been delayed, the staff were rude and did not seem to care that we were anxious to know when we would received our luggage, as most people need their belongings for 2 weeks on holiday. The staff made us fill out some forms describing our luggage and contents and said it would arrive on the 11.30am flight the next morning. We were given a number to call at 12 noon the next day. We called. No answer. So we went down to the airport where a very rude member of staff advised us our luggage had not yet arrived. They were not willing to do anything to help us!!! I could not believe how rude she was! We then got a phone call at 5pm to say that we could collect our luggage as it had arrived. After reading some of the other complaints I think we were quite lucky but it still was inconvient, we had to spend money on things that we had packed already, we were mistreated by staff who were rude and unhelpful and had no apologies. It put a downer on the start of our holiday and I can't believe that if people conduct there business in that kind of manner that they still have any business!

Baggage Problems Baggage Missing Phx70 American Airlines Complaints 0 Jun 18, 2008 11:39 PM
Baggage Problems Missing luggage Seeking respect/honesty American Airlines Complaints 0 Feb 4, 2008 7:02 PM
Baggage Problems Cancelled Flight, missing luggage Harold Reed Baggage Problems 1 Oct 8, 2007 6:47 PM
Baggage Problems Missing Luggage missingluggage Southwest Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 19, 2007 2:14 AM