Tools...

Old Sep 11, 2007, 8:19 PM
Delta Air Lines Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Exclamation Delta Employee's Response to our Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator
Dear members,

It has come to our attention that Delta Air Lines is spamming our DeltaComplaints.com forum and ridiculing their own customers.

Username HaHA has been repeatedly spamming this forum and ridiculing our members. After carefully investigating, we have determined that this user's IP address is: 205.174.22.26

This IP address resolves to the following Domain Name System: dragonfire6.delta.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNS Records
IP: 205.174.22.26
DNS: dragonfire6.delta.com
OrgName: Delta Air Lines
OrgID: DAL-5
Address: Harstfield International Airport
City: Atlanta
StateProv: GA
PostalCode: 30320
As a result, we have locked this user out of our forum and have changed their username to dragonfire6.delta.com to make it clear to everyone that it is Delta Air Lines who left those messages, not a random person. We have decided to leave the messages in place as an example of the very thing our members are here to complain about. You can view all the messages left by Delta Air Lines in our forum here.

It provides little comfort to know that instead of responding to our user's complaints, Delta Air Lines has chosen to ridicule the very customers that have been dissatisfied with their service after spending their hard-earned money flying with them.

We extend an open invitation to Delta Air Lines to publicly apologize to our members and to address our members complaints openly and publicly here on our forum with the attention and respect our members deserve.

Sincerely,
DeltaComplaints.com
Quote:
It provides little comfort to know that instead of responding to our user's complaints, Delta Air Lines has chosen to ridicule the very customers that have been dissatisfied with their service after spending their hard-earned money flying with them.
Not true... This person you speak of, is an individual, not authorized by Delta Air Lines, that has chosen to speak their individual mind and return some of the ridicule that passengers spout at Delta Air Lines daily. Whether it is in this forum or not, Delta passenger service agents are abused every day over things they can not control. It's about time someone turns the accusations around and asks the passengers to think common sensically and realize that paying for a ticket first of all does NOT guarantee travel. Nor does it give anyone the right to talk down to, yell at, curse at, spit on, punch, threaten, etc. a fellow human being the way I have witnessed and experienced far too many times. Please understand that this individual does not represent the collective voice of Delta Air Lines or its employees, but does, (I agree, very rudely) bring up some good points. Let's all, passengers and employees alike, treat everyone we encounter in our travels with compassion and respect and the travel industry will be a much better place for all to be.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 11:44 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnobody
Quote:
Not true... This person you speak of, is an individual, not authorized by Delta Air Lines, that has chosen to speak their individual mind and return some of the ridicule that passengers spout at Delta Air Lines daily.
First of all, this is interesting coming from you, imnobody, since you yourself are a Delta employee and we caught you doing the exact same thing a few months ago, leaving very patronizing replies to our members, so this is not the first time this happens. Second, we have no way of knowing it was just 1 individual since multiple Delta employees could have used the same account from the same computer, each one possibly taking turns to ridicule one of our members. Third, it does not matter, because whoever did it was officially representing Delta Air Lines in whatever capacity they hold at the company. This wasn't some random person replying to these messages from home outside of work, which even then would not be an excuse for this type of behavior. So please do not attempt to belittle the significance of this by blaming one person, or worse, justifiying it by saying that Delta was "returning the favor." That is entirely unprofessional on several levels and Delta Air Lines needs to apologize on behalf of the person or people responsible.

Quote:
Whether it is in this forum or not, Delta passenger service agents are abused every day over things they can not control.
That's not an excuse for treating your paying customers the same way. Do not forget which side of the coin is getting paid to do a job, and which side is paying to receive a service.

Quote:
It's about time someone turns the accusations around and asks the passengers to think common sensically and realize that paying for a ticket first of all does NOT guarantee travel.
No, it's not about time Delta ridiculed its customers. It's about time Delta owned up to its mistakes and took action to rectify them rather than making matters worse for their dissatisfied customers. If paying for a Delta ticket does not guarantee travel, then what does it guarantee? Ridicule?

Quote:
Nor does it give anyone the right to talk down to, yell at, curse at, spit on, punch, threaten, etc. a fellow human being the way I have witnessed and experienced far too many times.
This is an electronic forum, no one here is yelling, cursing, spitting, punching, or threatening, they are just mentioning their complaints about Delta, so again, that's not an excuse for what happened.

Quote:
Please understand that this individual does not represent the collective voice of Delta Air Lines or its employees, but does, (I agree, very rudely) bring up some good points.
That is difficult to believe since there has now been a pattern of this typeof behavior coming from Delta. Whatever you do "on the job" represents the company that you work for. Period. All our members are concerned about is that this came directly from Delta, the details of which person is to blame are irrelevant. Delta needs to own up to this and apologize.

Quote:
Let's all, passengers and employees alike, treat everyone we encounter in our travels with compassion and respect and the travel industry will be a much better place for all to be.
That has to start with the airlines.

Sincerely,
AirlineComplaints.org
Old Sep 12, 2007, 1:45 AM
Delta Air Lines Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

I tried to be civil, and the staff here at BS Delta Complaints can't seem to return the favor. I in no way said what the other gentleman did was ok. I never said we should be ridiculing our customers. And as far as any other post I did or didn't make here on this website were not disrespectful, derogatory, or mean. Just like you did with this post, you skewed it into what you didn't want to hear and got mad about it so you can bash on an airline.

Quote:
Quote:
Let's all, passengers and employees alike, treat everyone we encounter in our travels with compassion and respect and the travel industry will be a much better place for all to be.

It has to go both ways people, I'm not your slave.

Consider myself done with this website. I have tried to offer advice, or help, or criticism when and where needed and all that happened was my posts were removed by this pompous Administrator for being "offensive". Last I checked we are all adults and sometimes being an adult means accepting some constructive criticism. Yes, I may have been sarcastic once or twice, but for petesake, lighten up. Remove my profile, user name, whatever you want. I just ask that you don't remove this post so that people can see how lopsided your opinions are.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 2:19 AM
Admin

Quote:
I tried to be civil, and the staff here at BS Delta Complaints can't seem to return the favor.
Actually, we were quite civil and still are. If you would like to see an example of lack of civility, read the posts left by Delta employees on this forum.

Quote:
I in no way said what the other gentleman did was ok.
How do you know the perpetrator was a "gentlemen"? A co-worker of yours, perhaps?

Quote:
I never said we should be ridiculing our customers.
Here is what you DID say as a Delta employee: "It's about time someone turns the accusations around and asks the passengers to think common sensically and realize that paying for a ticket first of all does NOT guarantee travel." We can only interpret that one way.

Quote:
And as far as any other post I did or didn't make here on this website were not disrespectful, derogatory, or mean.
If that's the case, then why did you apologize for the posts we had to delete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnobody's apology
Administrator,

I apologize if some of my comments seemed patronizing, it just gets really old to hear people complain about the same 2 problems we (ANY and ALL Airlines) have no control over. I will choose my words more carefully and respectfully from now on.

-nobody
We will assume your apology, after we deleted your patronizing posts to our members, was not genuine then.

Quote:
Just like you did with this post, you skewed it into what you didn't want to hear and got mad about it so you can bash on an airline.
Wrong, you guys did that for Delta all by yourselves.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator
Quote:

It has to go both ways people, I'm not your slave.
And our members are not toys for Delta's employees to play with and mock whenever they like for their own amusement during business hours.

Quote:
Consider myself done with this website. I have tried to offer advice, or help, or criticism when and where needed and all that happened was my posts were removed by this pompous Administrator for being "offensive". Last I checked we are all adults and sometimes being an adult means accepting some constructive criticism. Yes, I may have been sarcastic once or twice, but for petesake, lighten up.
Your original posts (which have since been deleted) were far from constructive (that's why you apologized, wasn't it?). You were patronizing our members and, as a Delta employee, it was particularly disrespectful.

Quote:
Remove my profile, user name, whatever you want. I just ask that you don't remove this post so that people can see how lopsided your opinions are.
We have no intention of deleting this post as it is yet another example of what has transpired here.

Folks, we are happy to hear Delta Air Lines is in one shape, way, or form visiting this forum, but we are not happy to see them reply to your complaints in this manner. Our invitation for Delta Air Lines to publicly apologize to our members and to address our members complaints openly and publicly here on our forum still stands. What has transpired here is a perfect example of what's wrong with the airline industry today.

Sincerely,
AirlineComplaints.org

Note: Since imnobody's IP address resolves to dragonfire7.delta.com, we have changed his username to make it clear he is also a Delta Air Lines employee.

More options...