COMPLAINT: Malaysia Airlines Cancelled Flight But Won't Refund

Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:16 PM
aurora aurora is offline

Join Date: Jun 2015

In April 2015, I booked a flight to travel from Perth to Kathmandu, transiting in Kuala Lumpur. On 23 Jun, I received an email informing me that the 27 Sep Perth-Kuala Lumpur flight has been cancelled. The later flight that they have transferred me to is not suitable as I will arrive in Kathmandu a day later than I intended. I telephoned their call centre (+603 7843-3000). They initially said that I should book with another airline and they will provide a refund. After the phone call, I booked with another airline. I then called the call centre again to request the refund and was told that the so-called "refund" is effectively a credit note (a “MCO”, as they called it), for me to use on another Malaysian Airlines flight in the next 3 months. This is of no use to me as I have no intension of flying Malaysian Airlines again in that period. If the airline management is reading this, my booking reference is W25G8. There is a reason why Malaysia Airlines was in financial troubles even before the twin disaster of MH370 and MH17. They have no idea how to treat their customer reasonably. DO NOT BOOK WITH MALAYSIA AIRLINES!!!!

Customer Service Missing Refund for Cancelled Flight chien Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Feb 6, 2012 4:08 AM
Continental Flight upgrade cancelled at last minute - no refund yet Webster General Discussion 1 Jun 14, 2011 9:46 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight Cancelled - No Refund for 20 weeks Shirish Patel Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 5 May 25, 2011 1:33 AM
AirOne - cancelled flight and will not refund $ italytravel Other Airline Complaints 13 Aug 3, 2009 10:39 PM
Viva Aerobus Mexican Airline- They Cancelled flight/ No refund mcangas Other Airline Complaints 0 Aug 21, 2008 8:42 PM