View Poll Results: Does Malaysian Airlines respect its customers?
Yes 0 0%

Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:35 PM
Shahidul Shahidul is offline

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Sent following complaint on 1st September 2015 No action taken.
Also sent another hand written complaint on flight on 24th May. No response.
On 3rd July sent email attaching copy of original complaint
3rd July 2016 received message
Your case with case number : 0202-07/2016 has been well received.
16th July 2016
Your case with case number : 0202-07/2016 has been well received.

No action on any of these matters so far.

Dear Social Media Team,

Thank you for your quick response. it would have been nice if your ground staff had taken a similar approach.

I had purchased tickets on MH 5480 (Booking reference K7JWE) and MH 2 (E-ticket # 2327671301730) to go from Singapore to London via Kuala Lumpur. Since the ticket clearly stated the Malaysian Airways flight number MH 5480, I had of course planned on utilising the baggage allowance offered by my One World Airways Gold card on Qatar Airways: 403918799

Upon arriving at the airport I went to the MAS checking desk but was directed to Dragonfly. At Dragonfly, they refused to acknowledge my gold card and decided to charge me excess baggage. Upon my insistence that I had purchased a Malaysian Airlines ticket online, and after a very long time, they referred me to Malaysian Airlines who denied responsibility saying it was a Dragonair ticket and they had nothing to do with it. Again upon my insistence, a Ms. Peggy Y Chan came to see me, but said the same thing.

I explained that since I had purchased an MAS ticket online, it was the responsibility of MAS to sort it out and was prepared to be rerouted to an MAS flight if necessary. She said that would be possible but I would have to pay a fine and a surcharge totalling Sing $ 239. I found this unacceptable and reluctantly paid an excess baggage charge of Sing $ 142.86 and barely managed to get to the gate 55 as it was closing. As a result, I had to skip a meeting I had arranged at the airport after check in. I was also unable to complete a Skype call that had been scheduled before my flight.

Interestingly, I found several signs along the way to gate 55, from which the plane was departing, including the sign at the boarding gate itself, which all stated that it was a Malaysian Airways flight and displayed the One World Alliance logo.

I enclose one photograph for your reference.

So while MAS staff was denying that I was flying on an MAS flight and therefore not entitled to the benefits a gold card holder was entitled to, the airline itself was clearly advertising that it was an MAS One World Alliance flight.

I find this unethical and unprofessional and intend to take it up with the relevant authorities as well as One World Alliance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Disappointedly yours,

Dr. Shahidul Alam
Managing Director
Drik Picture Library Ltd.
www.drik.net

ps: Online at expedia.com where I've purchased the ticket to London, it says "There has been a change to your flight. We will email or call you to confirm any changes." I have however, not been informed of any changes.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg IMG_4092.JPG (87.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4091.jpg (35.7 KB, 1 views)

Customer Service problems with extra charging, rudeness, ignoring... and I am their frequent flyer Katarina Etihad Airways Complaints 1 Mar 10, 2016 5:55 PM
Frequent Flyer Rip Off Schemes jimworcs General Discussion 8 Aug 27, 2012 6:12 PM
Frequent Flyer Programs AirlineComplaints.org Tips 4 Aug 8, 2011 1:48 PM
Won't Credit Frequent Flyer Miles jpflyer Mileage Plan Complaints 1 Jul 3, 2011 7:13 PM
Frequent Flyer Member Association mkasperzak Mileage Plus Complaints 3 Apr 2, 2009 9:50 PM