COMPLAINT: MH140&MH198 MAS made life MISERABLE in KLIA,I had panic attacks&almost DIED!

Old May 13, 2011, 8:10 AM

Flight Details :
MH 140 03 MAY 2011 SEAT 14D
MH 198 03 MAY 2011 SEAT 7C

Hello World ! Awaken to the brutality & "cruelty" of Malaysian Hospitality !

You would be LUCKY to get away alive they don't hesitate to even kill , my dog is treated more better than the way MAS Airlines treated me . Here is the Story ...

In the month of March 2011 I Contacted MAS CS
Suriabanum Omar
Customer Relations Department
Malaysia Airlines
Admin Building 1A, Complex A, SAAS Airport Subang,
47200 Subang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Email : [email protected]
Fax** : 603- 7845 7843

two e-mails dated Mar3rd & Mar 10th , asking about a long layover , in her e-mail she said that if there is a long overlay MAS would provide hotel accommodation. Then a week later before buying my ticket I e-mailed my flight details and ticket details asking her to confirm the hotel voucher before I paid for my ticket. I did not hear from her for over a MONTH and then 4 weeks later I paid for my ticket and paid for it in full .

BEGIN NIGHTMARE !
You know what its like 3 hrs prior check in , stress of travel and security, immigration and then boarding and even though it is midnight you try and stay away so you don't miss your flight . Got to Kula Lumpur KLIA at 4:20am went to the transfer desk asking saying that I have a connecting MAS flight at 10pm .
They contacted the Duty Manager Raj he said that he will be there in 10 20 mins and he was , told him what MAS Customer service promised me and showed them the e-mails on my laptop . He said he cannot provide any hotel accommodation and I have to sleep at the airport for 17 hours ! After I asked him what is the point of writing an e-mail 2 months prior and MAS promising and not delivering ? He said that he is signing off at 8:30am and the next Duty Manager will be briefed . And will come and see me at 8:30am .
I was stressed from travel , loss of sleep 4:20am so waited around for 5 hrs NO SIGN of this so called Duty Manager then at 9:30am I went to the transfer desk and asked what is going on , can you tell me that you are not going to honor your promise I can find my own hotel accommodation. Come on mate if you can shell out 1500 for a flight another 50 for a decent nights rest is not asking for too much it is just a travel expense . They ask me wait as the Customer Service dept opens at 9am and to their greatness she was in a meeting till 10:30am , maybe working out how to rob people at KLIA or kill few passengers for Body Parts .

Standing in front of the transfer desk from 4:20am till 10:30am was longer than my flight . Trust me it is not easy and don't wish that upon my enemy . You are longing for a shower and some rest and some food and here you are just hanging on the transfer desk for answers .

Then after fighting my rights and asking them WHY DID NOT THEY TELL ME THIS 2 MONTHS BEFORE I PAID FOR MY TICKET , I SHOWED THEM E-MAILS WHERE THEY PROMISED ME HOTEL , ASKED THEM IF THEY CAN SHOW ME E-MAILS SAYING OTHERWISE .

Finally they give me a hotel voucher , Hang On ...the TORTURE FOR FLYING MAS BEGINS ! In the voucher it says a full day's stay at Concorde Inn a nightmare of a place no one speaks english and staff harass you , will get more into this later .
The Hotel Voucher says NO MEALS so , Malaysian Hospitality means you should STARVE to death in KL . Then they can sell your body parts .

Well I said OK and just tried to hang in there and said well I will pay for my food just wanted to get out of there . As the Hotel desk was booking a Hotel I asked if there was a SAUNA as I wanted to use one badly and get some sleep , he said Yes and also pool .

Concorde Inn Nice place to commit suicide as they staff will do everything for you all you have to do is check in . Checked in and then went to the Sauna a small bldg in the SAME compound adjacent to the Inn .

Staff show me the sauna and I am half thru my session , then she tells me the cost is $40 for a f Sauna my heart skipped a beat , I said to start with there is NO SIGN of tariff displayed and she deceived me to believing it was free as she never said a word till I was half way thru , Like just cheated me .
THEN I said well I was under the notion that it is part of the hotel service , I said I was at few hotels and if there is some service like massage they also tell upfront how much it would cost . I asked would you let people check into the hotel without telling them the room tariff ??

I said you have to contact MAS as they put up here , the staff said they would follow me around for the $40 , this started stressing me out and I started to get panic attacks all this drama from 4:20am , I went to have lunch and was so depressed and started throwing up and shaking . Then wrote an e-mail to MAS asking them for a Dr. As I was suffering anxiety and depression and this ordeal just did a relapse . NO RESPONSE TILL DATE A WEEK LATER !

Then after few hours of meditation I requested to see the Duty Manager who for heavens sake spoke English , he heard me out and said it was 40 Malaysian Currency which was about $15 I said well I am happy to pay that if they promise to let me live but $40 as they tried to steal off me was day light robbery ! He explained that they forgot to tell me it was the local curreny ...ummmh ! Very convenient or THEY TRIED TO ROB ME OF $40 , this is the hotel that MAS put me up ..maybe MAS are partners in crime , we send people to you ,you rob them and then we share the loot . If the person dies then its Christmas as we can sell the organs like body parts .

Then got to my flight at 10pm feeling sick and very DISSAPOINTED got to my destination ONLY to see my luggage which was booked in oversize counter with a FRAGILE sticker on it , was all broken with the handle broken, and this is hard plastic ice box with the FRAGILE sticker on it and they managed to break the handle off , I wonder what they would do FRAGILE stuff like artifacts or glass .

I have been flying for 25 years have frequent flyer miles with more than 10 airlines ,

MALAYSIAN AIRLINES IS THE WORST AIRLINE IN THE WORLD NO WONDER THEY HAVE 50 % OCCUPANCY , AND THE NEXT 4 FLIGHTS I HAD I MADE SURE THAT THE I SHARED MY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM so they can save themselves the misery or even killing themselves flying Malaysian Airlines .

And you now you know MH the Malaysian Hospitality stands for

6 hrs standing at the transfer desk
NO FOOD for the whole day
Some CHEAP motel where the staff try to rob you if you don't pay up they follow you around and threaten you

I apologized to MAS for flying with them and PROMISED as long as I live my family & friends will not fly MAS .

I hope they get what they deserve to win an award for

WORST AIRLINE OF 2011 !

Old May 14, 2011, 10:26 AM

Have you considered seeing a therapist? There is clearly something wrong with you. You should perhaps consider stopping travelling, as you appear to be emotionally fragile.

the Hotel Voucher says NO MEALS so , Malaysian Hospitality means you should STARVE to death in KL . Then they can sell your body parts.
Why should they feed you during a long layover that you booked? It is ridiculous. If you choose not to eat, that would be your responsibility, but you would hardly starve to death, and your hyperbole is bordering on the offensive.

You need a doctor alright... A psychiatrist.. You appear unable to cope with the most minor problems of every day life. Why the airline should pay for your psychological frailty defeats me.

The fact that you are so fragile that you "you nearly died" and needed medical help to cope with this trauma suggests you are not cut out for the hurly burly of modern air travel. Can I suggest you find a darkened room and lay down? Perhaps you'll feel safer.
Old May 14, 2011, 4:10 PM
AADFW AADFW is offline

While I agree that the OP is either grossly exaggerating or emotionally impaired, I do think it would be prudent to take a step back and analyze this complaint objectively.

The airline, according to the OP, made a written promise to provide an accommodation during his transit. In making his travel plans, the OP relied upon this written promise. Upon showing the APO management actual evidence of this promise, the OP was denied what he was entitled to, then summarily lied to. This resulted in his sitting around the less than pleasant KL terminal for 6+ hours immediately following an 8 hour and 40 minute international flight. I'd be pretty steamed too under those circumstances.

While complaints about lack of food and dissatisfaction with the free accommodations are clearly way out of line, the core of the complaint is perfectly valid and deserving of due consideration and an apology by the airline.
Old May 14, 2011, 4:53 PM

. Your problem can be summed up as follows. Malaysian Airlines promised me a hotel room during a long layover and initially refused to honour this offer. They later honoured the promise and I am unhappy about the delay.
Exactly. That part of the complaint is legitimate and couched in more reasonable terms would have got a positive reaction from me. However, this nutter takes it to the extreme, finally suggesting her life was in jeopardy! One if the reasons airline staff use to justify treating customers so badly is because they cite examples like this nut job.
Old May 23, 2011, 7:21 AM

Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post

Hey IQ of a Peanut ,Great conclusion that the Traveller was a SHE I got a **** as big as your head .

Read ADDFW post he has some brains , as for being emotional YES I WAS I DON'T DENY THAT .

5 Flights in a row , lack of sleep on the flights ,Jet lag ..Waiting around for 6 hrs ...ALL THE AIRLINE HAD TO SAY WAS ..HEY WE CANNOT PROVIDE HOTEL ACCOM FOR YOU IN THE FIRST 30 MINS . I WOULD HAVE DONE MY WON THING ...GOT A HOTEL , A SAUNA ..FEW BEERS A GOOD FEED AND SURFING THE INTERNET ...HOW HARD IS THAT ****WIT ???
Old May 23, 2011, 7:33 AM

Originally Posted by AADFW View Post

@AADFW , THANK YOU for your empathy , Well you are right I was Emotional ..Man I was doing 5 International flights getting from Australia to Sweden ...and the Jet Lag and STREES with excess baggage lack of sleep , the Airline should know better . At the end of the day , I gave the AIRLINE an OPTION , all they had to do was tell me Hey we cannot provide Hotel Accom . I was MORE THAN HAPPY to fend for myself , come on , When I pay 2000 for my flight what is a 50 a B&B in return peace of mind and good health .

Making me wait for 6 hrs in the transit lounge after a long flight is way out of line . I do 20 international flights every year and i know a thing or two about travels ...The other guy needs a see a shirk or get out of the line for spastic benefits ...Why is he so rude to me ...he is just an ******* ..with his head stuck in his ass !
Old May 23, 2011, 8:54 AM

Originally Posted by TAO of the TRAVELLER View Post

WTF ?? Who the **** are you to call me a NUT job ******* , I hold a Degree in Computer Science with IQ of 140 ****wit ...You need get out of unemployment benefits line and stop wasting space on this earth .

Its very simple will explain for *******s like you .

MAS had 2 months to clarify the Hotel Voucher !!!!!!

Then after a long flight make you wait for 6 hrs , ******** I also told them if they cannot provide me a hotel , I WOULD FIND ONE AT MY OWN EXPENSE , how hard is that ****wit ??

You need get out of that Wheel chair with spastic benefits , get on a a real plane not on XBox

I fly 20 INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS EVERY YEAR Low life scum bag ! You cannot count more than 10 or else I would have shown you my frequent flyer cards !
Old May 23, 2011, 8:55 AM

Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post

Its very simple will explain for *******s like you .

MAS had 2 months to clarify the Hotel Voucher !!!!!!

Old May 23, 2011, 9:17 AM

Originally Posted by AADFW View Post

Respected AADFW -

Thank you for your time , Well I have a life outside of this so this will be last post ::

To Start with in 25 years of Flying This is my FIRST complaint , the idea is to share with fellow traveller s and to keep the Airline in control .

On 'exaggerating' Well the SAUNA incident is TRUE as I said I try to correct the "system" so another person may not have to go thru what I did . On that note I made it a point to give feedback to the Duty Manager Mr. Malcom Ignatius ..he apologized and we had a cup of Tea together and I invited him to be my guest in Australia . So that should tell you the objectives of my complaints .

As for the FOOD , honest to GOD its is TRUE , in my complaint I have given the contact name and e-mail if you would like clarify the exaggerating or emotional spin ... The Hotel Voucher says NO BREAKFAST NO LUNCH NO DINNER , ask her to scan that voucher and posted it on-line and it will make me look like a LIAR and they can DELETE this post as I must be a NUT case as our foe Jim says ..Well they say it takes one to know one LMAO !

At the end of the day I took the pains to write this feedback in this forum is you and other people don't have to face the same . Some kind of appreciation for my effort and time would be nice .

Before I sign off ,Thank You once again for your support and as I said for the exaggerating you have the Duty Manager & the Airline Staff who issued the Hotel Voucher to clarify ...I WIll GIVE YOU 5000 IF YOU PROVE THAT BOTH THESE FACTS ARE FALSE . The ball is in your court , For next time don't jump to conclusions when you don't know the facts ...basic legal framework esp. when you consider yourself worthy of commenting on someone's else experience when you don't know **** about what actually transpired . Kindly do your homework so you don't make an ass of yourself .

As for the incident in the restaurant you can ask the Manager there she will tell I was 'sic' that I could not pay for the buffet and went back later to pay for it having eaten nothing but just to honor the protocol of the place .

As I said I have a life outside of this & my time is VERY precious , so I leave you with this and have fun doing whatever floats your boat .

As far as I am Concerned its VERY straight forward
TWO MONTHS BEFORE I PAID FOR MY TICKET AND AS YOU SAID MADE MY TRAVEL PLANS TOOK THE PAINS AND HAD THE FORESIGHT TO CHECK WITH THE AIRLINE - CAN THE AIRLINE POST AN E-MAIL WHERE THEY SAY THAT THEY WILL NOT PROVIDE HOTEL , I CAN POST AN E-MAIL WHICH SAYS THEY WOULD ! End of Story

Part II
Why did the airline not tell me in the first 30 mins Hey we CANNOT provide Hotel Voucher , Kindly make your own arrangements . Is that asking for too much ?? And mind you as I said for some reason I do 20 international flights for the last 5 years . And when you connect to DIFFERENT airlines , you need to make your own arrangements for long layover !

And I sure you have done so have I , rather than go thru immigration & Hotel transfers we crash in the lounge or Stay at a Transit Hotel in the Airport , and FYI I made a reservation at the TRANSIT Hotel in KLIA at my own expense , as MAS ASKED ME TO WAIT I DID !

Thank You and Have a nice day ...I don't know what your motives are of commenting on other people's misery I hope is's not in the capacity of JIM a LOSER who missed his appointment with the SHRINK and also misplaced his medication .

Baggage Problems Miserable Trip on American slk350 American Airlines Complaints 0 Nov 19, 2008 7:46 PM