COMPLAINT: Malaysian Airlines cheating customers

Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:44 PM
Sanjnaraja Sanjnaraja is offline

Join Date: Oct 2011

Hi there. Well, as the title says I am a victim of Malaysian Airlines cheating their customers and how they do not keep up their word to having so called "Malaysian Hospitalily". I have been trying to change my flight from Australia to Kuala Lumpur for the past week but until today its not happening. Last friday, I was put on hold on the Malaysian Airlines hotline-which by the way I was calling from Australia when the office is in Malaysia and put on hold for 10 mins where I gave up and wrote them an e-mail through their web page. I am yet to hear from them regarding the email.
I called again on Monday morning and informed by the service officer that it would incur a penalty of AUD$50 to change my flight, which I was willing to pay, unfortunately the call got cut off half way through and even tough they did have my details and the transaction was incomplete, Malaysian Airlines did not call me back. I would think that it is common courtesy to follow up on a call and to follow through on a call-not very hospitable. I called again on Tuesday, and was informed that now it would incur a AUD$150 penalty to change my flight. A very curious fact that within 24 hours, the penalty had tripled. When I spoke to the senior officer about my frustrations and questioning the discrepancy she was not the most hospitable person on the phone, and mind you I am still calling from Australia to Malaysia at this time for a half an hour phone call that is just frustrating me. I demand that this is looked into and informed that I want a reply today. When I receive a call today, I am informed to change my flight that I have to incur a cost of AUD$583 to change my flight. It seems everytime I call to change the same flight, the price goes up and up. I now have to pay more than RM1800 for a one way ticket to an economy class ticket to Malaysia. I really do think this is unfair treatment. I have informed them that I will be posting this if nothing is done about it and you guessed it- the response that I get from Malaysian Airlines is-"i am not the one responsible", "i am not in charge" and "there is no one else to talk to". I had requested for the manager to call me back which obviously has not been done. They really should re-think their tagline as if thats what Malaysian hospitality is about I really would not want to go to Malaysia. I think I will take a page out of most of my friends and fly air asia or singapore airlines the next time.
If your wondering, my flight still hasn't changed.

Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:13 PM
MYG MYG is offline

Join Date: Aug 2012

I flight with Malaysia from Taipei, Taiwan to Los Angeles, Two hours before the departure from Taipei We were informed that the flight was canceled due to mechanical problems, and there were no space in other flights, the flight was rescheduled for the next day, I spent in the airport around three hours trying to get an answer or help about a connection flight that I had from LAX to Panama city to see my family, but at the end Malaysia Airlines didn't give me any answer and they treat me really bad. The next day an hour before the departure from Taipei, they told us that they would be responsible for any missed connections flights, that they would help us pay those expenses, but we could only do this arrangement through Malaysia airlines counter in LAX airport, in Taiwan they just gave us a letter explaining the delay reason, which I showed in LAX in order to get help from Malaysia Airlines LAX. In LAX, I went to the counter but once again they said they will not be responsible and they just can give me another letter which I can to attached to a complain letter and send both (complain letter and the letter they gave me) to an address that they provided me of an office in LAX, I wrote the complain letter and I sent it, but didn't receive any answer, then I called to the LAX offices and they ask me to send the letters to the offices in Taipei, I send the letter again, but no answer, I decided call the office in Taipei, and once again they told me to submit the letter to LAX, after I explain all over again my situation they gave me an email, I sent the letter to the email but was a waste of time, I wrote them emails and call them, but I didn't receive any answer so I gave up. Six months later 2 classmates that were in the same flight with me, inform me that they received a compensation money, they gave me the email of the person who they contact with, and I wrote and email but she wrote me "sorry but Malaysian airlines have goodwill for some passengers" . I feel really humiliated by that company.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 2:57 PM
dtruong dtruong is offline

Join Date: Dec 2012

I travelled from MEL to SGN with a 2-hour transit in KL on 26th November 2012. Somehow Malaysia Airlines managed to lose one of my two check-in luggages. It has been 7 days and all I get EVERY SINGLE TIME I call is "we are working on it" or "theres no update on the system yet". This is certainly a sign of their lack of quality in customer service. When I bought my ticket from what everyone rates as a prestigious airlines, I expected the service as well as the customer support in situations such as locating my missing luggage to be the equal match.

Not only did they not manage to help me locate my bag after 1 WEEK, their customer service is also horrible in 3 other ways. Firstly, in one of the time when I called the Malaysia Airlines in Malaysia, the person who answered my call sounded frustrated and hung up on me while Im trying to help Malaysia Airlines to do its job by giving them a better description of my bag. Malaysia Airlines needs to understand the frustration and the desperation that its customers experience when their luggage went missing. Its employees thus should sound more sympathetic to the issue rather than deciding its a good thing to hang up on the customers.

Secondly, in one of the times I called their office, after giving them my reference number (which I got after reporting to the lost& found service) I asked if they could call me back since Im running low on credits. That person said no. He only changed his mind after 5 minutes when I explained to him and sounded angry (good job there Malaysia Airlines! I was going to call in and sound nice but you did a great job at getting me on my nerves).

Lastly, I sent them a complain letter to them shortly after losing my luggage and they haven't replied back. This is Marketing 101. When you have an angry customer, emailing back with an apology is the most basic thing Malaysia Airlines should do. Similar happened to the facebook post I put on their wall. If you want to have a look, here is the link: (facebook.com/malaysiaairlines/posts/493061074067875?notif_t=like). As you can see from the link, despite having nearly 150 likes on my post, Malaysia Airlines has done nothing, not even an apology.

In this kind of economy, Malaysia Airlines really need to lift their game or they will face some real troubles from frustrated customers who are sure as hell going to leave you for good with service like this. If anyone has some time to spare and google Malaysia AIrlines, you will find that Malaysia Airlines is struggling in this economy already. Providing such customer service and support is certainly not a good sign for them. If I have to rate their customer service, I will give it 2/10 MAX.

If anyone see my luggage, I would be eternally thankful if you can leave a message.

Cheating from how to redeem Skymile on flight 28 jan 16 endtimecomforter SkyMiles Complaints 7 Jan 15, 2010 11:47 AM