COMPLAINT: wedding nightmare

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 18, 2012, 11:29 PM
gettingmarried gettingmarried is offline

Join Date: May 2012

Earlier today I submitted this note below to customer care
Hello,

Today I had a crisis, and while the agent claims to have done everything in her power, as an airline United did not live up to its stated goal of "We are committed to providing a level of service to our customers that makes us a leader in the airline industry"

I am getting married in 9 days. I got laid off from my job 6 weeks ago. I am trying to start a business to make a living. I have a lot on my mind.

I went to check in for my flight tomorrow, the flight I am taking with my fiance to go to our wedding and also includes the tickets to our honeymoon.

To my dismay I realized that I booked for the wrong Saturday, instead of May 19th, I was booked to for May 26th. Our events start on May 25th, and we were flying down early to get everything set up.

I called United right away, and promptly was put on hold for 10-15 minutes. When I spoke to an agent and explained the situation, they put me on hold for another 15 minutes as I anxiously awaited a resolution.

The proposed resolution was to charge me over $1000 to change my tickets, even though there were seats available on the flight. Distraught since I don't have an extra $1000, I asked for a manager and asked not to be put on hold again. I was then put on hold for another 10-15 minutes.

When the manager came on I asked her what she could do, and she told me that she was doing me a huge favor, risking her job, to waive some fees and charge me $1,216.72 USD for the ticket. When I expressed my frustration she reemphasized she was doing me a big favor and could lose her job. Since I don't want to miss my wedding, I put the fee on my UNITED credit card and paid the costs.

This experience is terrible on so many levels. First the outcome, which shows that United does not in fact care about their customers. People make mistakes, but United refused to accommodate us. Second, why should the agent feel like she is risking her job to help people. How does that create an environment where customers can be served in a leading fashion?

While I hoped to pay nothing to change the ticket, I think I would have been OK paying something that was reasonable. But paying an additional $1200 for tickets that were already quite expensive left me feeling very badly about United and their supposed commitment to "providing a level of service to our customers that makes us a leader in the airline industry"

I request a refund of the money. Please forward to management in customer service, they should hear my story

bad service, hate customers, heartless, united

Baggage Problems Stolen Wedding bands from Carry on luggage JayMe Baggage Problems 1 Sep 2, 2011 12:24 PM
Baggage Problems Stolen Wedding bands from Carry on luggage JayMe United Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 31, 2011 11:52 AM
Baggage Problems Delayed bag, wedding on schedule AA_Has_One_Chance American Airlines Complaints 7 Dec 18, 2010 8:35 PM
Customer Service Trip to wedding (threatened to cancel tix and told to find my own way to LA) Ronaldz Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Aug 2, 2010 3:38 AM
Baggage Problems Australian wedding Carolyn49MD American Airlines Complaints 1 May 21, 2008 4:40 AM