COMPLAINT: American airlines neglects to board puppy on flight

Old May 27, 2015, 3:18 AM
alecianatale alecianatale is offline

Join Date: May 2015

American Airlines neglected to board puppy on flight. Completely outraged by American Airlines personnel on so many levels. Traveling alone, a baggage handler carried my crate/bags and boldly asked "aren't you going to tip?", with his open palm. He counted my tip, and once again opened his hand for an additional tip saying, "that's it?". While boarding, I asked with pilot/flight attendants to confirm that my dog was on the plane. Thank god I took it upon myself to follow-up only to be escorted off of our Moving plane to find that my helpless, sedated dog was LOST due to their negligence!! THEY COULD NOT FIND MY DOG FOR 40 MINUTES! They finaly located an 'unsupervised dog' on the tarmac where I had to identify her through the terminal glass. Airport regulations prevented me from seeing her until we landed in Chicago. After missing my flight for a family emergency and being bumped to the next flight 5 hours later, I was put through hell and back. I suspect this was done purposely as I must not have tipped to their satisfaction. American Airlines should be held accountable for their negligence, disrespectful attitude and irresponsible employees. This was uncalled for and inhumane. Whats more DISAPPOINTING is after talking to Corporate their policy only offers a standard $100 voucher. Ridiculous. They put no effort into reimbursing me for this nightmare. It amazes me that such a well known airline could be so careless with such low standards.

Old May 29, 2015, 6:58 PM
azstar azstar is offline

This is just another of many examples of airlines insatiable appetite a for poorly paid, poorly trained, poorly motivated outsourced workforce. Too many passengers have voted with their wallets demanding unreasonably low fares at the expense of safety and any semblance of customer service. Although the legacy airlines aren't always cheap, they have managed to race the worst of the worst airlines to the bottom of the employment pile. It doesn't have to be this way. Somehow, miraculously, Southwest has managed high profits year after year without sacrificing their employees or customer service.

Last edited by azstar; May 29, 2015 at 7:01 PM.

American airlines neglects to board puppy on flight alecianatale American Airlines Complaints 0 May 27, 2015 3:16 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked American Airlines flight 344 fiasco Aryeh Jacobson American Airlines Complaints 0 Jan 27, 2013 6:23 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked American Airlines worst on-flight experience ever!!! pataraita American Airlines Complaints 7 Dec 29, 2012 7:09 PM
American Airlines - canceled flight Stevebyer American Airlines Complaints 6 Nov 18, 2010 12:41 PM