COMPLAINT: Thieves handling your carry-on luggage.

Old Apr 9, 2007, 4:34 PM
LaDiana64 LaDiana64 is offline

Join Date: Apr 2007

On Easter Sunday April 8th., my little girl & me were returning from our weekend in Raleigh, North Carolina. I had 2 carry-on bags & she, 1 small suitcase, carry-on also. In our haste to arrive on time, she placed her very expensive 'Chi' flatiron in the front of her suitcase. Mind you, you wouldn't know it unless you searched for it. Her suitcase was taken from her a held in the cargo hold & we were told she'd get it back after we landed.
We flew in on Delta & had had a very pleasant flight although I thought it was a very small plane (4 seats across). AA has 3 seats across. We landed at JFK-Kennedy airport in N.Y.
Upon arriving to our home in New Jersey, my little girl noticed her 'Chi' flat iron missing. I immediately called the airline & was told that mine was not the only call. She gave me a number to call for lost or damaged luggage where I left a detailed message. I have yet to recieve a call back from them.
I am totally disgusted with American Airlines & I will never fly with them again. I was really excited to get a flight with them thinking that they were the best. Delta was more professional if you ask me.
They really need to do back-ground checks on the employees they hire & monitor them better.
I really hope that who ever took my daughters Chi flat iron will feel convicted each & every time they carry it in their hands & that it will lead them to a Church where they can confess their many sins & come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Lord & Saviour.

In-flight Issue stolen carry-on bags emma1231 American Airlines Complaints 0 Jun 8, 2007 2:04 PM
Baggage Problems Handling of carry-on luggage rustyhips American Airlines Complaints 0 Dec 24, 2006 11:31 PM