Other Airline Complaints If we receive 10 complaints about an airline, we will create a specific section for it above.

Reply
Tools...
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:07 AM
DVS DVS is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1
Thumbs down Jazeera Airways: what rubbish they are

Having flown many flights on Low Cost carrier Jazeeraairways in the middle east and ALWAYS had rude staff at check in (low cost must also mean low education for ground staff) and the sometimesnot so pleasant flight attendant , I have yet another complaint.
You can only book online (although some agents do book you for an additional fee) but if you want to change a booking you will be hammered on the price.
If you are 1 kg over your luggage allowance you WILL be charged.
If you try and contact the hepl desk , they are rude , do not know what they are talking about (after repeatedly telling them i could not change my booking over the internet they said I was the one with a faulty computer, and after visiting the airport check in discovering that ' you cannot change a booking paid by credit card over the internet , you must come here').
Lots more rants about useless operators , complaints that NEVER get answered.

If you have the misfortune to fly with this airline may i suggest the following.... Emirates for 50% of the ticket price that jazeerairways charges (initially) is your safer , better option. No check in hassles AT ALL. Food and drink on the plane FREE. Courteous staff at ALL levels.
Change of booking NO PROBLEM.

P.S. There supposed 93% on time departure is a joke.
  #2  
Old May 5, 2008, 11:50 AM
shweta shweta is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1
Default hey...even i faced a prob with this bull**** airline!

Hi,
I had booked the ticket using my friend’s credit card. At the airport counter I was informed that I will not be able to travel since I have booked the ticket using my friend’s credit card. My friend who booked the ticket was present in front of the airline official along with the credit Card.

Since this rule is unique to Jazeera airways I was not aware of this. I don’t remember getting a message on my computer while booking the ticket. May be it was because of the pop up blocker or it missed my eye. However I read through the ticket print out and nothing about the credit card was mentioned. I believe that it was their duty to include this information in the ticket.

The airline staff present was there Marina Palude. Her attitude was rude and unacceptable. The basic quality required for anyone interacting with a customer is empathy. She was not ready to listen or even suggest a solution. There was a passenger who came before 57 minutes of departure. He was denied boarding because he was late by 3minutes. Even I was sent back. I had to reach Dubai urgently since I needed to resume office. Eventually I lost a valuable day in office.

The impact of such irresponsible behavior from a staff is far reaching. I decided then and there I will not travel by Jazeera anymore. There will be at least 10 people who will ask me how my journey was and I will tell them how I was treated. I am sure this will be the case with the other gentleman who was denied boarding. Because of one staff the Company loses at least 20 passengers forever.

If the organization has some customer orientation, they wud've at least refunded the ticket fare and taken some corrective actions against such irresponsible attitude towards customers.
  #3  
Old May 22, 2008, 3:00 AM
Vjp Vjp is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1
Thumbs down Easily the worst airline on the air

Please avoid Jazera Airways like the plague. Its service quality is very poor, the staff is very incourteous and the airline performance is very very irregular.

I had a very similar experience like Shweta. I booked a ticket on a friends credit card. When I went to reschedule my ticket, I was informed that the credit card did not match. I was shocked and told them that Icould produce proof in terms of asking my friend to give a letter with a stamp from the bank. I went to the Airline office at the airport and informed them that I was not aware of this new rule. My friend had booked my ticket and we were told that all airlines accept a photocopy of the credit card as proof to allow passengers to travel. I was subjectto some very rude treatment. I was told something to the fact that the airline could not do anything. This was their unique rule and customers had to comply by it. There was no altrnative provided except a grim reminder that I should not book in such a manner and that I will have to lose my money. I spoke to one person in customer services. I had to take time from office and visit them and the customer services office is empty. When the man finally turns up he very impolitely told me that I should not have booked like this and that he cannot do anything to help me out.

I promptly left and booked my tickets on Emirates. I would warn others from travelling by Jazeera. Travel only if you want to be treated like you are some beggar at their mercy. They treat people travelling with them like dogs and humiliate customers as much as they can.

This is my last Jazeera experience for sure.
  #4  
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:47 AM
charlie boy charlie boy is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Default Lowest of the low, Worst Ever!!!

They have a serious problem with loosing luggage and time keeping, once your
luggage does turn up you have to collect it yourself. Don't expect compensation or even an apology all you'll be met with is sour faces and sarcasm!

Bad reflection on Dubai, didn't expect an airline like this flying from and to a country that states to be a 1st world/financial leader etc etc. It was very much a 3rd world affair and the fact that they haven't been investigated, fined and shut down say's a lot for the Middle East as a whole.
  #5  
Old Dec 3, 2009, 12:13 PM
The_Judge The_Judge is offline
Former Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,109
Default

I know this thread is old but I'm following in other's footsteps and commenting anyways.

Credit card matching to a traveler is not unique to Jazeera. Many carriers follow this practice. But to deny boarding when the cardholder is there is overboard. I have not read their rules but it sounds silly that they would do this and you should have been allowed to board, imo.

The comment about Dubai and it stating is a financial leader has to be a joke. Not sure if they are promoting themselves as that in the current timeframe.
__________________
Yes, the rules and policies favor the airlines unfairly. I do not dispute that.
  #6  
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:16 PM
jimworcs jimworcs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 3,197
Default

These people have obviously never travelled on Ryanair! They are Irish which last time I checked, wasn't a third world country. The treatment at Jazeera is mild compared to them. In Ryanair, after they have denied you boarding, they charge you £1 per minute to discuss your concerns with them. After you have paid £20 in charges, they tell you "No, sorry, can't help you". It is like being mugged.
  #7  
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:32 PM
mars6423 mars6423 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey/Singapore
Posts: 412
Send a message via AIM to mars6423
Default

with low cost airlines you cant expect anythin more than you paid for, its like comparing a kia and a bmw, the kia will give you what you asked for with price, while paying more for the bmw will provide more luxuries, better service, and more comfort and a better experience

with low cost carriers i just look for getting there safely in a acceptable time and my bags arriving with me, other than that i know that id be lucky, i dont expect high level service (us based airlines have as high a level of service as what jimworks said ryanair, its absolutly horrifyingly absent...thats why i dont fly them)
  #8  
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:39 PM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars6423 View Post
with low cost airlines you cant expect anythin more than you paid for, its like comparing a kia and a bmw, the kia will give you what you asked for with price, while paying more for the bmw will provide more luxuries, better service, and more comfort and a better experience
There is a theory that this is why airlines such as Southwest and Jetblue have very few complaints, as a percentage of passengers, compared with the "hub and spoke" legacy airlines. Lowered expectations means that getting there without major delay and in relative comfort fits the bill and any minor "stuff" is often dismissed. With the legacies you can pay about the same as you would on an LCC yet because they were, in the past, full-service airlines when there is the slightest breakdown in service delivery people "have a cow."
  #9  
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:50 PM
jimworcs jimworcs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 3,197
Default

mmm.. not really Phx. I think you will find there is a significant difference in the average fare of say Delta or Continental and a low cost.
  #10  
Old Dec 3, 2009, 6:29 PM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
Default

mmm...not really, Jim. I think you'll find where they compete the legacies more often than not match the LCCs on their lowest and their highest fares. Now the mid-level fares can be just about anything in-between...but that's an entirely different conversation.

For example Southwest has a major presence here in PHX. They are the second largest in terms of passenger numbers and number of flights operated. PHX is probably their 4th or 5th largest "hub" even though Southwest avoids using that term. With every major fare sale announced by Southwest I have been able to find tickets at the same price on Continental. This is because Southwest now flies to LaGuardia in New York and Continental considers them as competition on their Phoenix to Newark route.
  #11  
Old Dec 3, 2009, 6:50 PM
charlie boy charlie boy is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Default Don't Book With Jazeera!

The money you save with Jazeera you'll spend elsewhere, like I did in taxi's going back n fourth for my luggage.

Is this what you mean?

I don't care if there half price I wouldn't go with them again same as with everyone else I speak to.

They only have two planes! did the owner win a couple on mill on the lottery or something and buy a couple of second hand planes thinking he'd be the next Richard Branson. What a ****..
  #12  
Old Dec 3, 2009, 8:16 PM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie boy View Post
They only have two planes! did the owner win a couple on mill on the lottery or something and buy a couple of second hand planes thinking he'd be the next Richard Branson. What a ****..
Branson started Virgin Atlantic with a single, leased, 747. (And very deep pockets, too!) You've got to start somewhere. Most airline upstarts fail sooner or later. A very recent example here in the US was Jet America. It folded before it operated a single flight.
  #13  
Old Dec 4, 2009, 1:30 AM
jimworcs jimworcs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 3,197
Default

I said..

Quote:
mmm.. not really Phx. I think you will find there is a significant difference in the average fare of say Delta or Continental and a low cost.
Phx... you said...

Quote:
mmm...not really, Jim. I think you'll find where they compete the legacies more often than not match the LCCs on their lowest and their highest fares. Now the mid-level fares can be just about anything in-between...but that's an entirely different conversation.

For example Southwest has a major presence here in PHX. They are the second largest in terms of passenger numbers and number of flights operated. PHX is probably their 4th or 5th largest "hub" even though Southwest avoids using that term. With every major fare sale announced by Southwest I have been able to find tickets at the same price on Continental. This is because Southwest now flies to LaGuardia in New York and Continental considers them as competition on their Phoenix to Newark route
The standard industry measure to determine the position of a company in terms of price, is to compare the average fare per passenger. This allows a comparison which cuts across market differences.

In 2008, Continental had an average fare of $232.26 as reported in their annual report. Southwest, in their annual report, reported an average fare of $119.16. That is close to double. It is a crude indicator and should be read alongside Revenue per Passenger Mile, but to suggest that the legacy carriers and the LCC's are close in terms of prices is highly misleading. The legacies may well provide competitive headline prices where they compete head to head with an LCC, but the number of seats available at that price, and the average fare paid are significantly different and remain so.

The most telling elements of your riposte was the "where they compete"... the legacies have developed fortress hub models designed to squeeze out competitors except for marginal, leisure travellers that purchase solely on cost. The other was the statement that "mid level fare can be just about anything in between". All fares count towards an average.. and I think you will find that my contention is simply this... the average paid by a consumer for an LCC seat compared to a legacy carrier is considerably less.
  #14  
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:11 AM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
Default

Does that "average fare" on Continental include international? If so it cannot be used as a comparison since Southwest only flies domestically. If it is an average of just domestic fares it still cannot be used for comparison since Continental sells first class tickets while Southwest aircraft are in an all economy configuration. Additionally Southwest doesn't operate a lot of long-haul flights preferrring instead to force long-haul passengers to make at least one and sometimes two connections. As a result the fares on the short haul flights are usually a lot cheaper. They also do a lot of intra-state flying in Texas and California where fares are dirt cheap because they want people to buy a plane ticket rather than a bus ticket or drive. (That last sentence was paraphrasing a quote from Herb Kelleher, Southwest's former president/CEO) Heck I can buy a ticket on Southwest for a flight tomorrow to Las Vegas, $150, San Diego, $137, or Los Angeles, $147. All three flights are less than an hour in duration and the only reason they can sell them so cheap is that for the most part the passengers all start somewhere other than Phoenix and connect. They are just selling seats that would otherwise go empty and the fare structure reflects that.

No matter what "averages" you pull out of their financial reports you just can't make a comparison between Continental or any other legacy and Southwest based solely on those numbers.
  #15  
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:27 AM
jimworcs jimworcs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 3,197
Default

Phx,
I argued that the average fare paid on Southwest was significantly lower than Continental. You disagreed. I proved it.... you moved the goalposts.

I made the point, it was a crude measure and for a true comparison, you had to also compare revenue per passenger mile. This irons out the differences between puddle jumpers and long haul. I think you will find even on this measure LCC's are much lower than legacies. It is harder to find because airlines don't always publish RPM's in a comparible manner, but I will do a bit of research on the Continental vs Southwest figures.

The gap may have narrowed a bit, but there remain very significant differences. The legacies have structural costs associated with the hub and spoke model which cannot be driven out without fundamental changes to the model. For example, because they depend on large numbers of passengers who are connecting, if a segment is uneconomic, it is difficult to drop it, because the hub is a monster which has to be fed with high numbers of connecting passengers. Most LCC's operate point to point, so are able to drop or consolidate flights much more quickly.

It is a battle which will go on... the legacies have had to cut costs viciously to try to compete, but there are limits to their power to cut without causing damage to their basic economic model.
  #16  
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:57 AM
charlie boy charlie boy is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Default

I feel as if this post has gone off topic, really it's just about how bad Jazeera is and how many peoples holidays they've ruined.
  #17  
Old Dec 4, 2009, 3:03 PM
jimworcs jimworcs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 3,197
Default

I agree with you Charlieboy... sorry. Now, back to Jazeera... you said that

Quote:
They only have two planes! did the owner win a couple on mill on the lottery or something and buy a couple of second hand planes thinking he'd be the next Richard Branson. What a ****..
Did you mean Jazeera only have two planes? I think you are mistaken. They were operating at least 10 Airbus A320's as of September 2009, and placed an order for a further 30.

It would be impossible to operate their destinations and schedule with 2 planes.
  #18  
Old Dec 4, 2009, 4:59 PM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
Phx,

I made the point, it was a crude measure and for a true comparison, you had to also compare revenue per passenger mile. This irons out the differences between puddle jumpers and long haul.
No sir, it does not. You cannot compare RASM of a carrier with both long-haul international and domestic routes with another airline which only operates a single aircraft type (Southwest only operates 737s) only on domestic routes. The cost structure is completely different and that is reflected in the fares and also the profit margins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
I think you will find even on this measure LCC's are much lower than legacies. It is harder to find because airlines don't always publish RPM's in a comparible manner, but I will do a bit of research on the Continental vs Southwest figures.
It's in the financial reports and the formulas for arriving at those numbers is pretty standard industry-wide. However you are still trying to compare apples to oranges. You can't win this one, Jim, no matter how many numbers you throw out there to prove your point. There is just no way you can compare two airlines like Southwest and Continental. If you were comparing Southwest with, say, Virgin America or JetBlue (even though they fly to the Caribbean and South America) then fine. To compare Continental and Southwest you'd have to find a way to factor out all but domestic service on Continental and then compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
The gap may have narrowed a bit, but there remain very significant differences. The legacies have structural costs associated with the hub and spoke model which cannot be driven out without fundamental changes to the model. For example, because they depend on large numbers of passengers who are connecting, if a segment is uneconomic, it is difficult to drop it, because the hub is a monster which has to be fed with high numbers of connecting passengers. Most LCC's operate point to point, so are able to drop or consolidate flights much more quickly.
While that is still true about Southwest to some extent it too has become so large that while still operating point-to-point a lot of it's operations resemble the legacy hub-and-spoke model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
It is a battle which will go on... the legacies have had to cut costs viciously to try to compete, but there are limits to their power to cut without causing damage to their basic economic model.
Which is why they have gone overboard with the fees.
  #19  
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:51 PM
jimworcs jimworcs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 3,197
Default

Something happened between the last couple of posts and somehow you ended up arguing my point:

Quote:
The cost structure is completely different and that is reflected in the fares and also the profit margins.
Yes, exactly my point. LCC's are still significantly cheaper than the legacies. That is how this debate started.

Quote:
Which is why they have gone overboard with the fees
Exactly.

I agree with virtually everything you say in your post... and you can only conclude from that.. that LCC's are cheaper than legacies...
  #20  
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:39 AM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
I agree with virtually everything you say in your post... and you can only conclude from that.. that LCC's are cheaper than legacies...
Phoenix to LaGuardia - One Way - Jan. 12, 2010

Southwest - $124+ lowest non-refundable fare, $439+ refundable, $464+ "Business Select"

Continental - $124+ lowest non-refundable fare, $660+ refundable, $1,118+ First Class

So you are right in this case that at the top of the fare structure Continental charges more however one can still buy the lowest priced non-refundable ticket for the same fare as Southwest. Southwest would like you to believe they are always cheaper but that is just not the case.
  #21  
Old Dec 5, 2009, 1:54 AM
jimworcs jimworcs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 3,197
Default

Well, yet again I agree... individual cases, there may be instances of legacies matching fares, or even being lower... but on average you will pay considerably more for a legacy than a LCC.. that was my point. You seem intent on explaining why. I don't know why.. but I accept fully that
  1. There legacies costs are higher because of the hub system
  2. The cost structure of airlines which fly long haul is different from domestic
  3. Legacies offer business and first class
My point was.. it is cheaper ON AVERAGE. Now we had better stop this.. Charlieboy is getting annoyed and it has nothing to do with Jazeera Airways!!
  #22  
Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:06 PM
welshafi welshafi is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Default Worst Airline - Jazeera Airways

With all my respect to Kuwait; Jazeera_Airways is the worst airways I ever used. No respect, flight are changed without notifying passengers

My below flight from Dubai to Kuwait J9185 was delayed by 5 hours without any staff are visibale to explain and inform. All counters were empty. no respect.

Return flight from Kuwait to Dubai J9160 was cancelled for some reasons which were not communicated to me. no email or telephone call to inform.

I have a very bad impression about this airways and will never use again


Your Jazeera Airways Travel Details‏
From:
[email protected]

You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent:
06 November 2009 06:55:48
To:
[email protected] ([email protected])



Customer Support Phone: Kuwait: 177
International: +965 2224 8940
Dubai: +971 4 224488
jazeeraairways.com




Reservation Number
Date

Name of passenger(s)
AL7CCX



6 Nov 2009




1. HAMED, WALEED MR









Date
Flight Number
Departing
Arriving

28 Jan 2010
J9185
Dubai
2155hr
Dubai Intl Airport - Terminal 1
Kuwait
2235hr
Kuwait Intl Airport

Date
Flight Number
Departing
Arriving

31 Jan 2010
J9160
Kuwait
0055hr
Kuwait Intl Airport
Dubai
0330hr
Dubai Intl Airport - Terminal 1



Reply

More options...
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Complaint Complaint Author Forum Replies Last Post
Baggage Problems British Airways: Baggage lost for 21 days, still no compensation Shaddow British Airways Complaints 2 Mar 9, 2014 7:40 PM
Customer Service Etihad Airways - Appalling Service NidgeX Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Nov 8, 2007 10:40 AM
In-flight Issue U.S. Airways: Almost 4 Hours On Tarmac In Philadelphia VRIZZO In-flight Issues 0 Oct 28, 2007 3:24 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:25 PM.

 

About Us

We are the oldest and largest Airline Complaints organization in the world. We have been making your airline complaints matter since 2006. Learn more.

 

Advertising

Advertise with us to reach a highly-targeted audience of airline passengers.

Copyright © 2020