COMPLAINT: Qatar Airways - Lousy Customer Service

Old May 30, 2012, 2:31 PM
kale kale is offline

Join Date: May 2012

I have 2 Complains for people trying to read review about Qatar Airways :

1) 14 Hours of Transit in Doha and yet Hotel was not provided even after all criteria listed in their website (to be eligible for Hotel for more than 8 hours of transit) were met.

2) I wanted to extend the return ticket. When I called Customer Support at the Washington City Office at 9:30 am Eastern Time, I had to wait for more than 15 minutes before speaking to a representative. After hearing my request she put in on hold for another 5 minutes and then told me the cost to adjust the ticket is $5500 (5 times the original cost of round trip ticket from JFK to KTM). Before I can ask the details of price breakdown, she hung up the phone. She thought it would be easier to come up with random amount instead of trying to explain me why the ticket cannot be changed. I guess I can forget about this return ticket and buy a new single way ticket at around $1000 from a different airlines.

Bottom Line: be prepared to be treated unfairly if you got a good deal in the ticket price from Qatar Airways.

Old May 31, 2012, 12:44 PM
bilingual bilingual is offline

Join Date: Oct 2010

The type and level of airfare that you pay will govern whether you receive the service free of charge (Complimentary) or for a fee (Paid).

Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:48 AM
ccfccf ccfccf is offline

Join Date: Aug 2012

I had a similar problem with Qatar Airways Kale. I flew with Qatar for the first time two months ago from Singapore to Paris. I had missed my flight and tried to contact the Qatar Singapore office and they never answered their phone so I had to go to their office in person. They were cold and indifferent about my situation and charged me an additional $5,100. I realise that bookings have certain conditions attached to them but there are certain instances where the airline needs to do what is morally right and show some compassion.

I experienced terrible problems with them, especially with their lack of customer service and problematic on-line check-in system and the worst thing is that they were completely indifferent and did not even acknowledge any of the problems when I raised the issue with the Customer Relations Department on my return.

I will never fly with them again and they have been added to our Company's black list.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 2:44 PM
jaco jaco is offline

Join Date: Nov 2012

Qatar is not just lousy. They are dishonest. In March 2012, I flew from Paris to Entebbe (Uganda) with via Doha. My luggage was lost in Doha and took 12 days to be finally retrieved and delivered to the airline office in Kampala (Uganda) where I reside. When I opened it, it was sheer chaos and destruction, and half of the content was missing. I was told by Qatar Air rep in Uganda this should be taken care of, and to file a claim ,which I did immediately. Eight months and many unswered calls and emails later, I now got a letter saying the bag was never weighed upon arrival therefore there is nothing they can do. Nice service.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:36 AM
K John K John is offline

Join Date: Feb 2013

AN ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE
We are totally disappointed with the overall service of Qantas. Myself and kids made a booking (5LFWIT) to travel from Auckland to Dallas (return). (a) Since we were going first time and change over time at Los Angeles was very short, a special handling request was made for guidance at Los Angeles to complete immigration formalities, so that we can board onward flight on time. Acceptance to this request was given vide 1904008891, yet no such service provided. (b) Although we have booked to travel in Qantas, service provided in different airlines viz Jet connect, American Airlines, Jetstar etc. (c) Worst such scenario was the return leg from Melbourne to Auckland by QF124 JETSTAR on 3rd Feb. After long hours of journey from Dallas to Melbourne, no food or water provided in Jetstar. We have not booked for a cheaper travel or on special fare; we were supposed to be provided meals throughout. My kids were totally dehydrated by the time they got back at Auckland. (d) Situation further worsened after landing at Auckland searching for our baggage. My searching continued for over 2 hrs while my family members were desperately waiting outside to receive us. To my utter surprise, no-one cared to inform what is happening. Later on, we have approached luggage assistance counter for enquiry. Then only it was told that, our luggage (contains so much of our essential items) has not loaded in the same flight. We were told that, it will be reaching same night itself and will be home delivered straight away. Surprisingly QANTAS has never made an apology until this day about these issues nor even bothered to give a courtesy call. After three days of several phone calls, we have got our luggage on the 4th day with most of the items damaged and one full bag item came in a see-through plastic sac(e) I have also called up QANTAS Auckland customer service, and the response was pathetic. I asked the CSR to escalate it to the supervisor to discuss the baggage issue as she was not able to answer my query, Aka inturn transferred to Air NZ baggage service. They have advised that they can’t be of any help because we came by Jetstar. I called back Qantas once again, and the CSR told that we can’t do much about it, It’s a usual thing; “Whenever we find it, it will be delivered.” What a silly answer- after all getting connected to Customer service itself requires extreme patience. An absolutely TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE going with QANTAS altogether. I don’t think I would ever go with Qantas again, what a waste taking ‘frequent flyer membership’ as well.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:18 AM
jaco jaco is offline

Join Date: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by jaco View Post
After posting this complaint, I suddenly got a call from the airline rep apologizing for the delay and got my claim paid 2 weeks later! The amazing power of negative advertising...
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:22 AM

That is a good outcome...it shows the benefit of sites like this.

qatar airways

Qatar Airways Poor Customer Service/Delays/Change of Schedule Atarod Qatar Airways Complaints 1 Aug 13, 2012 5:51 AM
Qatar Airways Inga Qatar Airways Complaints 0 Mar 7, 2010 1:36 PM
Orbitz & Qatar Airways Mike777 Qatar Airways Complaints 1 Jan 7, 2009 6:11 PM
USA 3000 - Lousy Customer Service + Baggage Damage dush Other Airline Complaints 0 Apr 29, 2008 12:41 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Lousy Attitude gives Lousy Service david webber American Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 19, 2007 6:33 PM