Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: Beyond disappointed

Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:07 PM

Not only did they change my flight without reasonable explanation! I am going to be late for my Own WEDDING!!!! My wedding is at 11:00am on july 4th. My flight was scheduled to leave 7am Untill I received a disturbing email saying my Itenary was changed! I didn't read anywhere on the site, flight subject to change! When I called all the sales rep had to say was he was sorry!!!! If this doesn't get fixed my lawyer will have to be involved! This is a huge mistake! Someone please get bac to me! I haven't been able to reach out to the director or someone higher up! I need something fixed immediately
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:35 AM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

first off congratulaions on your upcoming wedding!!

Its on the united site that they can change flights...i have had flight times change a few times on all airlines. not sticking up for UA, they should do right and help you out. (when they changed my flight to hawaii, i was getting in 5 hours later and they put me on a connecting flight, i called and said that wouldnt work (since my brother was on a different carrier) they moved me at no cost to an earlier flight and made it to hawaii 30 minutes earlier than my originall flight.

I do have a question, why on earth would you fly in the day of your wedding in the first place? ANYTHING can happen. storms, mechanical, diversions due to medical issues on board. just saying. if your flight was scheduled to leave at 7am and your wedding started at 11am, where were you flying to?

3) Schedules are Subject To Change Without Notice - Times shown on ticket, timetable or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. While UA will use its best efforts timely to notify Passengers of the best available information regarding known delays, cancellations, misconnections and diversions, UA is not liable for any misstatements or other errors or omissions in connection with providing such information. No employee, agent or representative of UA can bind UA legally by reason of any statements relating to flight status or other information. Except to the extent provided in this Rule, UA shall not be liable for failing to operate any flight according to schedule, or for any change in flight schedule, with or without notice to the passenger
Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:43 AM

It's a business trip! I had no choice! I need this fixed point blank period!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:46 AM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

did you call united and explain the situation? like i said, when it was united that changed my flight times, i called them immediatley and told them those times didnt work and asked if there was anything earlier. try to be nice on the phone, that does help
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bward View Post
It's a business trip! I had no choice! I need this fixed point blank period!
Of course you had a choice. You simply decided to prioritize your work over your personal life. Lots of us are guilty of that, but at least fess up to it. I doubt there's a boss in the world who would force someone to fly on their wedding day or face termination.

If it's so important, cancel the ticket and book another airline. As the PP stated, LOTS of things can impact your ability to get in on time - you were cutting it pretty close from the start.