COMPLAINT: Disappointed Customer

Old Dec 10, 2007, 8:43 PM
dmorales dmorales is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007

I was about to book a flight for my grand-daughter and myself. When I remembered the last booking. I have decided to make the drive instead.
With the San Diego fires I booked a flight for my daughter and 5 month old grandson to Seattle. She was unable to make her flight due to her employment. Their luggage arrived in Seattle. I contacted Alaska Airlines. Alaska Airlines advised me to contact UPS to return the luggage. I paid almost $200.00 to return the contents of the luggage, which contained a breast pump and my grandsons clothing. Their empty luggage is still in my trunk.
I have flown Alaska Airlines now for at least 20yrs. and have never been so disappointed.
Confirmation Code: BUDIAP Flight # 027-2112986814
You are welcome to contact me @425-280-9906

Old Jan 14, 2008, 9:59 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

Your daughter didn't take the flight at the very last minute (after she had already checked in) because her luggage found it's way to SEATAC on the flight.

If it was a one way ticket, and, your daughter didn't make the flight, how is that Alaska's fault, and why should they be responsible for returning the luggage?

If UPS charged $200, then it stands to reason the luggage was full of it's contents. Empty luggage does not weight $200 worth of shipping.