COMPLAINT: British Airways: Disappointed Customer

Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:43 PM
Pauline Bartley-Brown Pauline Bartley-Brown is offline

My husband and I along with two friends carefully pland our holiday together which was a seven days cruise. To join our cruise ship in Miami we had to travel from London England and My husband from Jamaica. We traveled British Airways from London to New York which we had a wonderful flight without any delay. From New York to Miami with American Airline. When we checked in at New York no one mention to us there was a delay. I notice my boarding card the time of boarding we should be in Miami. I went to the desk and ask and was told there was a delay no explation was given. There were no anouncement or appoligies made until we ready to board two hours later we were told boarding was about to commence. When we got to Miami my husband's flight was six hours delayed and no explation or offer of a food copon. When he arrived in Miami he was in the baggage hall for over two hours waiting on his bag which did not appear. There were no American Airline staff anywhere to be found. We were sent fron one section to the next but could not find anyone. We were told by airport security to leave the airport and come back the following day. I said no because if we leave and come back the next day we have no proof we did not get his bag. The police was called and five male and one female came to arrest us. There were two Federal agents in the airport at the time they came our and assists us. They got a phone number for AA and we call only to find out we were speaking to someone in Texas and not Miami. We were told the bag was in the airport but we had to return the next day to collect it or they would deliver to the cruise ship. We booked into a hotel for the night and early the next morning we phone and ask if the bag could be delivered to the hotel. We were told we had to collect it from the airport. I wrote to AA they send us a copon for $100 each. I wrote back and explain we accured more than $100 cost because of our delay on there part. There reply was they would not offer anymore than the $100.

Baggage Problems British Airways: Baggage lost for 21 days, still no compensation Shaddow British Airways Complaints 2 Mar 9, 2014 7:40 PM
Baggage Problems Disappointed Customer dmorales Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 1 Jan 14, 2008 9:59 PM
British Airways: GB Airways sale to Easyjet iainf2806 Executive Club / Premier Complaints 0 Dec 10, 2007 10:54 AM