COMPLAINT: Refusing refund on cancelled flight

Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:51 PM
TROYLYLE TROYLYLE is offline

Join Date: Apr 2017

eDreams contacted you over this problem, concerning res num. 2TUU5D. Palma de Mallorca to Bangkok return. The final flight from Munich to PMI was cancelled by Etihad and I was not informed at any time of a replacement flight EY1748. At BANGKOK airport on 13 Apr. 17 Etihad checkin staff could not tell me about any replacement flight only that they could see the cancellation.. so I had to accept my Luggage being sent only as far as MUNICH. Because I could not risk being delayed in Munich, overnight for example ( I am 75 yrs old) I had booked a Vueling flight from Munich to PMI at the same time and date a few days before my departure at a cost of 200Euros. You are saying to eDreams that I must have been told at one of my flight stops of any replacement flight for me... I DEFINATELY WAS NOT AND AM INSULTED THAT YOU SHOULD SAY SO.!!! I expect Etihad to make some compensation money for the inconvenience that in no way was my fault.
My family and I are very well up on social media and this incident will be published and blogged in places that you have not even thought of unless I get satisfaction... Believe me, Etihad will lose much, much, more than my compensation amount if I do not get my refund for flight EY1748.
I have been a regular customer with Etihad and will definatly not fly Etihad again if you decide not to pay what you owe,
In anticipation of your reply, Paul Shakespeare

Customer Service Refusal to refund for cancelled flight MindyP British Airways Complaints 0 Nov 25, 2016 11:20 PM
Copa refusing refund - Expired before flight Hdriver Other Airline Complaints 0 Jan 15, 2013 9:48 PM
Customer Service Missing Refund for Cancelled Flight chien Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Feb 6, 2012 4:08 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight Cancelled - No Refund for 20 weeks Shirish Patel Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 5 May 25, 2011 1:33 AM
AirOne - cancelled flight and will not refund $ italytravel Other Airline Complaints 13 Aug 3, 2009 10:39 PM