COMPLAINT: Airlines Refuse to Let You Board.

Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:37 PM
amaraswal amaraswal is offline

Join Date: Apr 2017

I am going from DFW to DEL April 5th, 2017 and wanted to carry a Airrifle .177 to India airline customer service gave me wrong information about re-approval waited for 2 weeks and decided not carry Air Rifle Etihad customer service in UK re-booked my flight for April 23, 2017 for free since wrong information was provided by customer service Rep. On 23rd, 2017 I got to airport early and try to check in but my carry on bag would not fit in there front of line check in cage sideways since it had wheels. Finally I Transferred every thing into backpack. I had bought a hand American Tourister Luggage Scale AT95-170-027-32 at walmart to Weigh suitcase prior to my travel they were 50 Lbs (23 KG) called customer service and let them know if this will be ok and customer service told me Luggage Scale usually if under by few pounds so I was good. At check in my Luggage were 1 KG over and they refuse to check me in I had to transfer some stuff to my back pack got boarding passed. Flight was 7:55 PM from DFW boarding was at 6:55 PM I got to boarding gate at 7:30 PM it took me longer at security since one scanner stopped working I did not hear any last boarding call for my name but once I got to gate at 7:30 PM they refused me to board they told me I was late and have to re-book as I was talking to them I see some of Airline gate workers still going back into plane and bridge was still attached to Plane.I got home and called Airline customer service and explained my situtuaion and he told me I would have to pay No Show charge $480.00 and diffrence between new and old fair charge. At this point I lost it how can they charge No Show since my luggage were checked I had boarding Pass and was front of boarding gate at 7:30 PM for 7:55 PM flight. I have lost almost month of travel delay I have been taking dam Malaria pills (expensive in USA) and still waiting for response from customer service will update results soon.

Last edited by amaraswal; Apr 25, 2017 at 9:41 PM.

etihad sucks

Customer Service American airlines neglects to board puppy on flight alecianatale American Airlines Complaints 1 May 29, 2015 6:58 PM
Check-in / Boarding Not allowed to board-Kenya Airlines Atul American Airlines Complaints 0 Jun 24, 2014 7:33 AM
Check-in / Boarding JFK staff refuse to expedite late passengers myusupra JetBlue Airways Complaints 9 Jan 3, 2014 11:10 PM
Check-in / Boarding Etihad airways refuse to board nasir_younis Etihad Airways Complaints 4 May 5, 2012 7:14 AM
I Refuse to Fly EdB General Discussion 2 Nov 12, 2010 10:01 AM