Reservations
COMPLAINT: Online System messed up - do not Book!!

Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:05 PM
S123 S123 is offline

Join Date: Jun 2017

My name is S123 and I booked my tickets on Etihad Airways website around 2 weeks ago. I booked my tickets leaving Cairo, Egypt on July 5th to Boston, USA and coming back on July 27th.

I completed the reservation and was sent an email asking me to confirm my credit card details within 24 hours, which I did. After I confirmed, I got an email with my e-tickets. When I checked the e-ticket confirmation I noticed that the return date had changed to September 27th. Unfortunately, the 24 hours cancellation window was gone, I tried to change my ticket online back to the 27th of July but the online system only offered me Economy Flex class tickets, despite the fact that when I searched for new tickets I found the same one I originally booked: "Economy classic"!!

I went to Etihad office and the guy offered me to change my return date to July 23rd, which was not my ideal option but I took it as it was the cheapest option, $367 extra. All other available dates were around $770 extra. I have agreed to the return date of July 23rd not because it was my fault but to find a quick solution rather than completely cancelling my vacation. Unfortunately, this solution was not satisfactory as I have lost on two fronts, the money and my vacation is now 4 days shorter.

I have sent this feedback using the Eithad online feedback form.
And no one contacted me back.

I was hoping that they would be able to help me by offering me our original return date on July 27th at no extra cost to us as it is still available to book online for the original price we booked for.

online, reservation issue

Reservations Fault in online reservations system causes customers to pay extra ahmedrah Qatar Airways Complaints 0 Oct 3, 2016 3:07 PM
Reservations Their faulty online system cost me money Bikepianopete Emirates Complaints 0 Mar 2, 2016 8:28 PM
Reservations Don't Use Online Reservation System! MosesLuna Southwest Airlines Complaints 3 Aug 7, 2012 5:10 PM
Reservations Do not book online scam freevegas Southwest Airlines Complaints 1 Dec 10, 2010 11:12 PM
Customer Service Do not book online freevegas Southwest Airlines Complaints 4 Dec 10, 2010 8:55 PM