COMPLAINT: Unfair and Unethical Business Practice

Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:54 AM
nbalakrishna nbalakrishna is offline

Join Date: Jul 2017

I would like to highlight the lack of support and assistance by Etihad Airways who have on re-scheduled my confirmed booking reservation for reasons best know to them:

1. As per the above fully paid booking reference made on 29.06.17 my reservation details are as under: (attached)

Date of Journey: 12.07.17
From: Dep: 2100 Dusseldorf Arr: 1955 Bangalore on 13.07.17
Flight No. EY30 and EY236

2. I received mail dated 06.07.17 (attached) informing that the flight I have been booked on 13.0717 has been “updated” as per details below. No reasons for for doing so have been mentioned.

Date of Journey: 13.07.17
From: Dep: 1130 Dusseldorf Arr: 0315 Bangalore
Flight No.: EY24 and EY216

3. I was shocked as I had planned to be in Bangalore on 13.07.17 for meetings scheduled on 14.07.17 onwards. When I called the toll free number – 1800 -223 -901, they confirmed that my return was re-scheduled to technical problems. I am not sure what they meant by that. When I insisted that I should take the flight on 12.07.17 they came up with the suggestion to put me on flight departing at 1130 Hrs from Dusseldorf on 12.07.17.

4. This was not possible for me as I had scheduled my business trip to arrive at Dusseldorf from Madrid on 12.07.17 at 11.20 and the take flight departing from Dusseldorf on the same day (12.07.17) at 2100 hours to reach Bangalore on 13.07.17

5. Because of the above change made by the airline, I had to stay an additional day / night at Dusseldorf on 12.07.17 and I requested that the airline provide me the Hotel accommodation for one night at Dusseldorf. This was declined by the call centre agent who said there was no such policy by Etihad. When I insisted that the call be escalated to the next level, the reply was to make out an email to [email protected]. Having no other option I did that too, but a reply never came. This is downright callous and high handed attitude.

6. What I fail to understand is that when we request for change in the flight Etihad charges heavily for the change and when they make the change due to reasons suiting them they do not offer any compensation. This a clear case of unfair and unethical business practices followed by Etihad.

7. Further, that flight changeover time provided in Abu Dhabi on arrival from Dusseldorf and flight to Bangalore is one hour and forty five minutes. When I informed them that the changeover time at Abu Dhabi is insufficient they kept repeating that since that is a connecting flight there will be no problem. I requested them to confirm as much but they refused saying no such mail can be sent from their end.

8. The flight from Abu Dhabi that Etihad re-scheduled reaches Bangalore at 0315 Hrs. As this flight reached Bangalore at a very odd hour, I requested them to give me an alternate flight from Abu Dhabi. That too was declined and the reason they said was that cannot be considered.

My experience with Etihad has been, the least to say horrible and they the way they have behaved is totally unfair and unethical. And they way deal with customers, least said the better. The contact centre personnel are ill equipped to handle queries save for the departure and arrival schedules and their comprehension is extremely poor. The airline with this attitude is certainly doomed and is decaying.

I would never recommend the airline even to my worst enemy.

Business of UNETHICAL conduct & Deliberate deception kendobson General Discussion 1 Jun 16, 2017 6:38 PM
Business of Unethical operations; Deceptive advertising & severely lacking in Hones kendobson Tips 0 Jun 15, 2017 8:37 AM
Customer Service Business of Unethical conduct & Deliberate deception Zachary.Bennett Other Airline Complaints 1 Apr 26, 2017 4:27 PM
Customer Service Business of Unethical Operations & Deceptive Advertising wayne banks Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Apr 23, 2017 7:34 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Southwest: unfair practice sanjay American Airlines Complaints 4 Sep 16, 2010 4:45 PM