COMPLAINT: #Etihad-Offboards

Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:43 AM
TapanPatel TapanPatel is offline

Join Date: Aug 2017

#Etihad-Offboards

I would like to report a most TERRIBLE ETIHAD TRAVEL EXPERIENCE for my family and myself. And I am sorry to embark on my MOST CAUSTIC email below. It’s an AGONIZING EXPERIENCE I hate to recount on – but I think I need to do it so that Etihad or the responsible do not get away easy, and other customers like myself are not caught in similar dire situation.

We flew Shanghai to New York via Abu Dhabi (reference #$$$$$$). Earlier this week, on 7-Aug, we reached the Abu Dhabi airport on time at 18:50 hours for a 21:55 hours EY 862 flight. What ensued was TOTAL MOCKERY OF CONSUMER RIGHTS.

I had CONFIRMED BOARDING PASSES in my hand, with ASSIGNED SEAT NUMBERS. In spite of that, we were most UNCERMONIOUSLY, INVOLUNTARILY OFF-BOARDED by Etihad.

My family and I, four of us, went through a LOT OF PAIN due to this UNWARRANTED, BIZARRE, UNPROFESSIONAL action by Etihad. The staff at airport gave various, UNRELATED and hence I think FALSE REASONS like ‘over selling’ or ‘traffic issue’ or ‘not in our control’ - or even 'don't know'. They made promises for next day travel upgrade to business class and DID NOT DELIVER EVEN ONE. In retrospect, I think it was a CHEAP, GET-OFF-MY-BACK today tactic. Not to forget that my children, wife and I were made to wait at Etihad airport counter for 2.5 hours on both the days, in vain. My family and I experienced some NON-FRIENDLY Etihad staff during this encounter, but I would not like to take names, make it personal and hence have restricted myself to non-personal facts above.

I demand a thorough investigation on the above situation and consideration for my family’s most painful experience.

* The above was logged with Etihad for 3+ weeks now. No action from their end, except the standard 'we will get back to you'.

#etihad-offboards

Check-in / Boarding Boycott etihad!!!! Abandoned! Stranded! Cheated by etihad airways!!! Vishnu Vardhan Etihad Guest Complaints 0 Feb 15, 2017 11:34 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked etihad con air aishwaria_raj Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Dec 23, 2016 5:55 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Never ever fly etihad again Ivan Molloy Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Dec 20, 2016 2:05 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked etihad fennymali Etihad Airways Complaints 1 Nov 5, 2015 7:07 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Smart way to make more money out of problems made by ETIHAD! Etihad is rocking! Tatjana Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Sep 28, 2012 9:17 AM