Old Jan 27, 2016, 4:04 PM

Angry Customer Service IS HORRIBLE

The worst airline experience I have ever had! There was a snow storm which backed traffic up for over an hour. I arrived at the airport at 6:15pm for a flight time of 6:50pm and the ticket agent would not allow me to check my luggage or print my boarding pass saying that he could not process anything as the airplane was trying to leave 10 minutes early because of the storm. The customer service is terrible. Does Alaska Airlines not understand that they are flying human beings? Where is the human compassion? The gate agent should have ensured that everyone boarded the plane. There were six people waiting at the ticket gate to board the plane due to the weather and the flight did not even take off until 7:15. So at least the 6 people that were standing by me had to miss their flight because a ticket agent refused to do their job and accomodate people when they had arrived more than 30 minutes prior to flight departure. Truly unbelievable that the employees do not care that customers missed their flights and didn't even try to be accomodating. Because of that I was 3 hours late for one of the most important meetings I will ever have. Completley disgusted by the lack of customer service provided.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 3:10 AM

Default hi guy

hi guy nice too meet you
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:56 AM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Once the computer close the flight for check in, the only people that may open a flight are supervisors or the agents who are working the flight. According to the Alaska Airlines website check-in times cuts off 40 minutes before departure:

Minimum required check-in with bags
When you check bags on our flights you must make sure that all of your checked luggage is processed and a valid boarding pass is received no later than the cut-off times listed below to avoid rebooking on a later flight.
Minimum required check-in with bags table
International flights1
Domestic flights2
60 minutes
40 minutes
1 Passengers traveling from Guadalajara have a 90-minute baggage cut-off time.
2 The following cities have a 45 minute baggage cut-off time: Atlanta, Denver, Las Vegas, and Philadelphia.
2 Between June 1 and August 31, checked baggage for customers departing King Salmon and Dillingham must be presented and processed at least 60 minutes prior to departure.
Please note that these cut-off times will not ensure that you make it to your departure gate in time for boarding. Busy security lines and heavy passenger traffic may require extra time.
Please refer to our airport guides for recommended arrival times at your departure airport.
Minimum required check-in without bags
If you are only traveling with carry-on bags you must be checked in, with a valid boarding pass in hand, no later than the minimum cut-off times noted below to avoid rebooking on a later flight:
Minimum required check-in without bags table
International flights1
Domestic flights2
60 minutes
40 minutes
1 Passengers traveling from Guadalajara have a 90-minute check-in cut-off time.
2 The following cities have a 45 minute check in cut-off time: Atlanta, Denver, Las Vegas, and Philadelphia.
Note: Between June 1 and August 31, customers departing King Salmon and Dillingham must be checked in at least 60 minutes prior to departure.
Please note that these cut-off times will not ensure that you make it to your departure gate in time for boarding. Busy security lines and heavy passenger traffic may require extra time.
Please refer to our airport guides for recommended arrival times at your departure airport.
Boarding
You must be checked in with a valid boarding pass at the gate no later than 30 minutes before your flight. Being late may cause the cancellation of your reserved seats and/or your entire reservation.

More options...