COMPLAINT: ALITALIA what a joke

Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:08 PM

First I would like to say I am very very disappointed with Alitalia I would have expected more from a European airliner . My flight originally was suppose to initiate from LAX since I am in South America now It would have been far easier for me to travel from MIA

So about 4 weeks ago I called and make the changes. call center in Albania is clueless about customer service. they never let me talk and were extremely impolite . after 1 hour of conversation going back and forward to supervisor they told me that my ticket is ok to be changed with NO penalty. So I told them please make the changes I ask the gentlemen several times I do not want to be called 2 days later and be told we made a mistake and please make sure we can do this without any fees. He told me yes absolutely there are no fees involved.
From the first conversation about 4 weeks ago till today the 1st of December I have made 4 calls every week to same call center for my new booking information. Every time I am told we have not got your ticket and has to be reissued from Main Office.
Today, the call center after the continuously interrupting me , I was told I have to pay a FEE. This is almost 4 weeks later and he then hanged up . I am again very disappointed in their service and will not consider flying with them again. I also made a report to Department of Transportation's Aviation Consumer Protection Division.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:57 PM

Alitalia claims it is part of the SkyTeam group yet I've tried on numerous occasions to have them book me a flight with their partner Delta. It has never happened. Today I tried again and their hopeless call center in Albania (just as hopeless as their former one in Buenos Aires) tells me they do not have an arrangement with Delta or other airlines and you can only use their points on their airline. This means their website is misleading customers.

I don't expect this bothers Alitalia as they are completely oblivious to requests for such things as missing miles. I wonder how they can continue to provide such dreadful service and stay in business.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook