COMPLAINT: Delayed and canceled are different!!

Old May 4, 2017, 2:09 PM

Origin City: ATL
Destination City: AVL

Class of Travel: main_cabin
Response Required: yes
Message: This flight was a NIGHTMARE!! After arriving at Atlanta the app and messages said the flight was DELAYED. BUT NOT CANCELLED! As others assumed I went to the gate expecting the flight to just leave late. When NO ONE was at the gate before boarding I looked at the people ALSO Waiting around me and then at the Delta App and noticed the new time for the flight was the NEXT DAY!! Freaking out I told everyone and we went to the Delta Service phones. No one was a the Service Desk at 10:30pm at night and the customer service on the phone said we needed to go to a Delta Service Desk live person. We were all milling around and upset. One woman was crying. FINALLY a Delta rep came flying out a door and started to scan boarding passes and give out Hotel vouchers with no food vouchers or Delta Overnight emergency packs. (Used to get sleep teeshirt and package with toothbrush and toothpaste, comb, etc). She just waved everyone off. We went to our respective hotels and in the morning went back to the airport to get new boarding passes that wouldn't let us use our TSA Pre Pass so on line for security forever. Then our flight wasn't even on the boards at the airport. When a flight did show up it was for the wrong time and gate. After a sleepless night and much travel aggravation we finally ended up at our gate D29 and were assured our flight was going out from there but would be a half hour late. This was the FOURTH time I have been stuck in Atlanta overnight because of DELTA! I'm sick of it and being a member in good standing I would like COMPENSATION and miles for my total aggravation and the inexplicable unprofessionalism of Delta not having anyone at the gate to catch the passengers that missed that the flight was not DELAYED but CANCELED! There were many of us!!

canceled, delayed, novouchers

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight delayed then canceled cmaguire United Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 21, 2016 5:21 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 3 out of 4 flights delayed or canceled [email protected] American Airlines Complaints 0 Nov 21, 2015 8:09 AM
Check-in / Boarding Canceled then Delayed flight ACscaper Check-in / Boarding 0 Aug 5, 2011 9:28 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked delayed, overbooked and then canceled pinocccio Delta Air Lines Complaints 15 Sep 9, 2009 3:15 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked overbooked, delayed, and then canceled tweedybird American Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 10, 2009 8:53 PM