COMPLAINT: Bumped and Denied Compensation (after waiting for more than a year!)

Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:46 PM
Reinfeld Reinfeld is offline

Join Date: Jun 2018

Has anybody ever got compensation from Alitalia?

They bumped me from a flight even though I arrived while they were boarding and I had a boarding pass.

It took them more than a year (!!) to respond (and reject) my request. They "explained" that since my arriving Alitalia flight was late they didn't think I was going to get there in time for my connection so they bumped me.

Clearly they are just screwing around hoping that I'll give up my claim when they are so clearly in the wrong. They even sent me an e-mail while I was in the air notifying me that they were bumping me. And then when I got to the gate on time - they just said that they already gave my seat away.

I've seen in the newspapers the names of a few services that have been very successful at beating Alitalia in court. Is this my best option? Which is the best?

alitalia, compensation, europe

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked USAirways promised compensation and then denied it dorshka Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 3 Nov 17, 2014 9:02 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delta refusing to issue involuntary denied boarding compensation phazelton Delta Air Lines Complaints 8 Jul 5, 2012 7:04 PM
Condor (part of Lufthansa) - denied boarding with no compensation Sim084 Other Airline Complaints 11 Nov 8, 2011 6:57 AM
Customer Service Still waiting for Free tickets due to bumped flight dolores United Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 18, 2007 4:05 AM