COMPLAINT: Hong Kong Airlines has got no hope

Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:32 AM
Kindercop Kindercop is offline

Join Date: Oct 2015

There was a misspelling of a passenger's name when an online booking was made to Bangkok in December. It was only when I received the confirmation did I realise the mistake. Hong Kong Airlines received my email request on 31/8/15 and did nothing. I sent them another email on 22/9/15 and still nothing. Then I called them after waiting for a good ten minutes during my lunch time. Their procedure was to call them first then send an email with the passport copy and confirming a HK$300 service charge. Initially I argued with this ridiculous charge. Apologies here and there for their carelessness but no compassion for my typing mistake of the passenger's name.

Now they insist nothing can be done by email nor any link to amend the name and pay on their website. The only alternative is to call them. Do I have tried over ten times to their call centre and I'm always waiting for over ten minutes. Their call centre automatically cuts the line after 11 minutes of being on hold.

What do I do now?

#hong kong airlines, #hongkong, #hongkongairlines

Hong Kong Airlines should be renamed Holiday Wrecker Airlines yfaulks Other Airline Complaints 0 Feb 21, 2013 8:16 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight 895, Chicago to Hong Kong, September 6 at 1:30pm HongKonglife United Airlines Complaints 2 Sep 30, 2012 1:53 PM
Cathay Pacific strands hundreds at Hong Kong post typhoon drj Cathay Pacific Complaints 2 Jul 26, 2012 5:29 AM
Hong Kong Small Claims Tribunal David Schaus Tips 1 Jul 10, 2012 10:13 AM
Qantas-Aussie travelers subsidizing Hong Kong travelers [email protected] Qantas Complaints 0 May 25, 2011 1:32 AM