Baggage Problems
COMPLAINT: Missing luggage

Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:02 PM

After many hours of delay at the airport (with little expalnation as to the problems) we left Colorado for LAX last night. Upon arrival at LAX, the passnegers all went to baggage claim where a few dozen bags came off before the bags stopped unloading without explanation.
30 minutes later, with the entire plane of passengers waiting patiently, we were rudely informaed that all bags from flight 2291 had been unloaded. No more would be coming. It appeared to me that not a single passenger/family received all of there bags and my family and I received NONE.
It was now well past midnight when the passengers were instructed to get into an endless line to fill out forms to get the bags. We were then told that American had taken most of the bags off the plane before take off to adjust for weight problems. The airline had known for FOUR HOURS that we would not get out bags but had done NOTHING to provide this information. Had this information been provided in Colorado or on the plane with the forms, hours of headaches, exhaustion, frusrtation and hostility could have been avoided. American apparently believed that if it did not mention its practices and choices with the bags, no one would notice.

Indifference, dishonesty, disrepect. Those are those most polite words I can use to describe the behavoir of the Airline and all of its employees that were their to "provide service" to its customers.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook