COMPLAINT: Lied about $1500 refund. Will Lie To Steal Your Money!!

Old Aug 19, 2010, 3:18 AM
rajkumar rajkumar is offline

Join Date: Aug 2010

I am not sure about anyone else but $1500 is a lot of money to me. Last week I as supposed to leave overseas. 15 mins before departure time I was told I would miss my connecting flight and will have to be rebooked the next day. My travel insurance only covered refunds for deposits on natural causes (weather) not mechanical errors (ie Delta airlines fault). The lady had the audacity to tell me that its the "cost of flying" and I should not have booked a flight with a small layover! MY fault for booking a flight DELTA offered? Does anyone else find a problem with that.

FINE. Stuff happens, and after I realized I was already out about $400 (hotel room and charted boat) I decided it was not worth going, I was going to take the loss and move on. I repeatedly asked for a refund and the reservation department assured me that because my flight had not left and it was THEIR fault, I will be refunded in 5 business day. One week later I called to check on my refund status and surprise, surprise no refund issue was given or even submitted. I was lied to so delta could make $1500 off me after I didn't leave for my trip. Refund department told me to call corporate, the corporate number is only a automated system that directs me back to refund department.

I was on time and did everything right. I was not rude or anything. I even accepted that fact that I lost my pre paid deposits for hotels and such.

They stole $1500 from me and refuse refund me. I will not stop until I get my money back because this is borderline criminal and I refuse to give up. I am not sure what my options are but I am going to fight with someone.

Old Aug 19, 2010, 4:50 AM

This will not be easy UNLESS you've got something in writing about the refund and flights not leaving yet, etc. My advice would be to get any documentation you can that will help your situation, including names of gate agents, supervisors, refund desk people and forward all that with a letter to the DOT. Click on that link and it will lead you to their airline complaint site. Good luck and come back with updates.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Totally Lied To By Agents At The Gate, Never Again !! lb60 Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 2 Jul 23, 2010 5:52 PM
Baggage Problems lied about baggage cost Kerrydee Delta Air Lines Complaints 4 Aug 12, 2009 5:38 AM
Customer Service Blatantly Lied To by Supervisor wendypel Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Oct 7, 2008 4:24 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delta lied drussell1202 Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Apr 17, 2008 6:22 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked UA lied about reason for cancelled flight to save money tucson_rich United Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 17, 2007 4:31 AM