Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:00 PM
JiMollie JiMollie is offline

Join Date: Mar 2015
Thumbs down Lost Gate Checked Bag

8 days ago, I was forced to gate check my bag on American Airlines from ORD to LAX. I was in Zone 4 and no overhead space was available. Well, my bag went on the AA flight to LGA and I went to LAX. That was day 2 of 7 when I lost my bag. I'm not sure how many of you have traveled without your bag but it is not a pleasant experience. I was able to purchase toiletries and under-garments thanks to my company. But the inconvenience and expense this caused both me and NJA was beyond reproach! American Airlines lost bag system is simply put, a bureaucratic nightmare. It is difficult to talk to anyone, the AA.com/bagstatus is never updated (my bag is still in LAX according to it), and every time I called, my call would be returned in 1-2 hours. Well, 8 days later, my bag showed up at my house! Just in time to go out tomorrow! Feel free to share this with all your contacts. The treatment I received from AA was in my opinion, the poorest example of customer service I have ever experienced in 32 years of flying professionally!
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:29 PM
azstar azstar is offline

Don't just shrug it off. Federal regulations require ALL airlines to compensate you for "reasonable" expenses you incurred while your bag was missing. They are not allowed to set a limit, say $25.00 per day. You must have receipts. Submit them to AA and demand reimbursement.

Baggage Problems Jewelry stolen from gate checked bag anniobe United Airlines Complaints 3 Mar 29, 2013 2:05 AM
Baggage Problems Camera and lenses stolen from Gate checked bag newriverexpat United Airlines Complaints 2 Jul 6, 2012 6:49 PM
Baggage Problems Lost carry-on luggage checked plane-side ashleydeniger Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Jul 6, 2011 3:58 PM
Baggage Problems Items stolen from GATE CHECKED baggage Inkedadeal United Airlines Complaints 23 Jul 10, 2009 5:37 PM
Baggage Problems Hand checked bag at gate sfarber American Airlines Complaints 1 Sep 24, 2008 12:01 AM