COMPLAINT: Malaysian airline

Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:05 PM

My Niece urgently needed to travel from Sydney Australia to the UK to see Her Grandmother who is gravely ill and desperately wants to see her great Grandaughter for the first and last time before she leaves our world, But Malaysian airline refused to change the ticket unless she pays further 900 pounds sterling, that's as much as she paid for the ticket, also they refused to give her a refund, my Niece offered to produce a letter from the hospital's Doctor but they are not interested.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:13 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Originally Posted by catsmaty View Post
My Niece urgently needed to travel from Sydney Australia to the UK to see Her Grandmother who is gravely ill and desperately wants to see her great Grandaughter for the first and last time before she leaves our world, But Malaysian airline refused to change the ticket unless she pays further 900 pounds sterling, that's as much as she paid for the ticket, also they refused to give her a refund, my Niece offered to produce a letter from the hospital's Doctor but they are not interested.

While the circumstances of your niece's travels are urgent, your niece should have read the terms and conditions of her travel ticket more carefully. It appears she bought a restricted ticket which would mean and difference in the air fare plus what ever the change fee may be that apply to the ticket. Had she gone to SYD Kingfordsmith and plead her case of an MH supervisor or operations manager on duty, they may have been a little more flexiable and tried to help with what they are able to do with their
powers that they are granted from MH corp. HQTRS. Many airlines no longer offer any discounts due to serious/grave medical conditions or even the famous breviment fares as they have been burned 1 too many times, and with the onslaught with Low Cost Carriers (I.E. Air Asia X, JetStar etc.....) combined with higher then normal gas prices for fueling a jet have led to this "hidden discounts" to be done away with.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:23 PM

A320FAN, Thank you for your reply and the explanation, will tell her to try speaking to a HM supervisor at the SYD Kingfordsmith.