Tools...

Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:53 AM

Thumbs down Serial Incompetence

I am in Rome where I planned a romantic getaway for my husband's birthday. We left SFO at 7:25 AM PDT yesterday (10/21/16). I planned our entire outbound route in order to ensure that our luggage would arrive. We had a 2.5 hour layover at Dulles airport to allow PLENTY of time for our bags to be transferred. Upon arrival in Rome, we learned that my husband's bag had not been loaded on to our Rome-bound plane. Ugh!!! It took us soo long to get this sorted out that our limo left. I had to pay an additional 20 Euro to get us to hotel. We were told before leaving the airport that the bags was on a plane landing to Frankfurt just about 12:30 Europe time and should arrive in Rome around 5:20 PM and then would be delivered to our hotel. When we returned from dinner last night around 9:30 PM, no bag. I called the number on our claim form. No answer. I called the Premier 1K baggage claim desk and found out that the bag had arrived on a Luftansa flight, but that the United baggage office was closed when they attempted to leave the bag for delivery. The agent was unable to reach anyone at Luftansa to see if the bag could be delivered. I was told the United Office opened at 6 AM today at to call back at that time to ensure the bag is delivered. I was informed by United via FB message that the office opens at 6 AM local time and once they have the bag they have six hour window to get it our hotel. This is the WORST customer service EVER! I had a bad experience in Beijing in 2015. Bags left sitting in LA for 3 days. I had to spend $5,000.00 to replace clothes so I could attend government meetings. I never recovered that $$$. Now, due to serial incompetence by United, I am on a once in a lifetime trip with my husband in the hotel lobby waiting to call United AGAIN!!! Most amazingly, I am one of their most loyal customers and this is how I am treated. Whoa to the average traveler that has an issue. They suck.

More options...