AAdvantage Complaints

Misleading e-mail notification

Old Jun 11, 2009, 4:27 AM
faseidl faseidl is offline

Join Date: Jun 2009

American Airlines and its AAdvantage program used to be the gold standard for customer experience; but things have changed.

I documented the problem here:

Old Jun 11, 2009, 4:39 AM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline

I lost some "orphaned" AA miles a few months ago as well. My flying patterns changed with a new job and I didn't accrue miles on them. It was just a few thousand but since I have over 3 million accumulated in Alaska, Continental and Delta/Northwest alone it wasn't a major blow. My advice is if you want to keep those miles active be diligent and proactively do something to extend the expiration date. I recently received an e-mail from US Airways saying that my miles would expire in early September. Nice that they gave me 3 months notice. I promptly registered for a bonus promotion and transferred points from my Hilton HHonors account. Not only will I get a 50% bonus, top off my account to actually have enough miles for a substantial award, but I also get to keep those miles active for another 18 months.

Air Canada's cancellation of points without notification choices Aeroplan Complaints 3 May 15, 2011 3:52 AM
Customer Service Gate Change without notification gunder999 Customer Service 9 Jun 27, 2009 2:24 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked False delay notification - bizarre! ezgtravel American Airlines Complaints 7 Feb 17, 2009 4:11 AM
Asiana Airlines - reschedules flights without notification jguedes Other Airline Complaints 0 Jul 17, 2008 1:49 PM