AAdvantage Complaints

Have you tried using your miles or elite status but encountered problems? Had any problems earning mileage?

Frequent Flyer Program
AAdvantage Share Miles Program - Deceptive

Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:32 PM

To bring my son home for Christmas, I used the AAdvantage site to transfer (they call it share) my 40K miles to him. Unfortunately, he couldn't use the miles because he needed more than I could give him. But that's not the issue here.

When I made the transfer, I was using my mobile phone. What I read was that it would cost me $20 to transfer my 40K points to my sons account. A week later, my cc statement arrived and I was charged $520 for this transfer. I called AAdvantage. Told them I would have NEVER agreed to pay this much to transfer MY points to my son. The customer service rep said this site was run by a third-party company and I would have to complain to them. Even if I missed the fine print, this certainly fits the category - deceptive practice.

I don't know how many of you have had the same experience as I, but has anyone else thought the AAdvantage charges for sharing miles is REDICULOUS?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
aadvantage, deception, deceptive, share miles, transfer miles