AAdvantage Complaints

AAdvantage Share Miles Program - Deceptive

Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:32 PM
tyackee001 tyackee001 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2015

To bring my son home for Christmas, I used the AAdvantage site to transfer (they call it share) my 40K miles to him. Unfortunately, he couldn't use the miles because he needed more than I could give him. But that's not the issue here.

When I made the transfer, I was using my mobile phone. What I read was that it would cost me $20 to transfer my 40K points to my sons account. A week later, my cc statement arrived and I was charged $520 for this transfer. I called AAdvantage. Told them I would have NEVER agreed to pay this much to transfer MY points to my son. The customer service rep said this site was run by a third-party company and I would have to complain to them. Even if I missed the fine print, this certainly fits the category - deceptive practice.

I don't know how many of you have had the same experience as I, but has anyone else thought the AAdvantage charges for sharing miles is REDICULOUS?

aadvantage, deception, deceptive, share miles, transfer miles

AAdvantage AAte my miles Exec Plat and Disgusted AAdvantage Complaints 3 Oct 22, 2015 2:45 PM
Small Claims case against AA Corp Security for taking AAdvantage miles from my acct Cday AAdvantage Complaints 3 Aug 10, 2014 4:11 PM
Waiting months for miles and double miles promotion to be credited nightice Etihad Guest Complaints 5 Aug 7, 2012 5:03 AM
Reservations AA-JAL Code Share Bamboozle frequentraveler01 American Airlines Complaints 0 Nov 26, 2011 10:01 AM
In-flight Issue Forced to share a seat with a 450 pound man. dorianrolf Delta Air Lines Complaints 51 Nov 2, 2009 5:22 AM