COMPLAINT: Stolen items in luggages

Old Oct 15, 2013, 4:06 PM

Join Date: Oct 2013

Our baggages were delayed and came a day after which they delivered to our house. When it came both bags didn't have the locks anymore and when we opened it the stuff were all over the place. We lost 2 laptops, iphone and wifi. We immediately filed a claim and attached receipts. We called Delta and they told us it'll take at least 2-3 weeks to process the claim. It's been a month and nobody had called us. We've been calling the Newark claims 973-961-6243 for almost a week now but nobody is answering. The call goes to voicemail but you can't leave a message as the mailbox is already full (nice setup for a very important process in the company). You're already dealing with an issue and you don't have somebody you can talk to which adds frustration to the situation.

I've told my story to friends and families which they said they've never used Delta and will probably never use it because of our experience. I'll keep spreading my story in Facebook and LinkedIn (a lot of business travelers here) to make people aware of the inefficiency of this company.

Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:37 PM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

not saying delta didn't do it, but it also could have been TSA. everybody is so fast on blaming the airline, they don't think about TSA. TSA checks and goes through your luggage first. Did you file a missing item/ complaint with TSA as well? do that too.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 4:09 PM

Join Date: Oct 2013

If it was opened by TSA then they would leave a TSA sticker or brochure that it went through them but this time it didn't. There's also the delivery company which I would think it's a 3rd party but the guy who delivered our baggages told us to complain to Delta.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 4:21 PM

Seriously?? Do you think a thief will leave a calling card?? Oh brother. If I'm TSA and I'm gonna make a plan to rip off items, I would certainly NOT put in the paper saying I was in there.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 4:41 PM

Join Date: Oct 2013

hmm...i don't think that's what my comment says right. Maybe you're one of them.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 4:47 PM

Originally Posted by whereismyclaim View Post
Well, let's re-examine what you said......

Originally Posted by whereismyclaim
"If it was opened by TSA then they would leave a TSA sticker or brochure that it went through them but this time it didn't."
That looks to me like EXACTLY what you said. And why are you people so quick to jump on the lame bandwagon that when a person has a different view than the whiner, they think we are "one of them"? Pathetic.

Baggage Problems Stolen items from checked bag beans5 American Airlines Complaints 8 Aug 11, 2015 12:21 AM
Baggage Problems stolen items from luggage genius Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 7 Jan 27, 2012 4:57 AM
Baggage Problems stolen items from checked in bag deltaflyernomore Delta Air Lines Complaints 16 Sep 23, 2009 12:18 AM
Baggage Problems Stolen Items darden Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 1 Oct 9, 2007 5:48 PM
Baggage Problems Stolen items from luggage Peter Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 1 Oct 9, 2007 5:45 PM