COMPLAINT: Total customer service failure at BA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:21 AM
StephenSacks StephenSacks is offline

Join Date: Dec 2013

I arrived at the BA check in at Heathrow Terminal 5 for BA5 to Tokyo Narita on 28th October 2013.
My bag weighed 24kg.
The check in attendant told me that either I removed 1kg to my hand baggage or he would charge me 40.
I appealed to him to show some disgression especially given that my earlier flight to Haneda was cancelled so I was now going to be 6 hours later to my meetings in Tokyo.
He refused.
I then asked to speak to his line manager and appealed again.
He refused.
I then repacked my bag to transfer 1kg from hold to hand baggage.
My passport and boarding pass were slammed onto desk and attendant didn't acknowledge me.
The case remained on belt beside him and I walked behind towards departures.
I then watched as I didn't trust him.
He unstuck my baggage tags and placed them together again so they appeared to be stuck but weren't.
I immediately returned too the desk but my case was disappearing down the hatch.
I asked for his name and said I would report him.
He refused to give it.
I got the senior manager Amanda Forster over and told her what the idiot did.
She didn't believe me.
She asked the idiot on check in if he tampered with my tag. He said that he had restuck it as it wasn't properly stuck initially but I knew it was.
I told her to get my bag back and if I was correct she could discipline him and if I was wrong I would apologise.
She refused and told me to write in to complain.
I then spent the next 12 hours paranoid that my bag would be lost.
At Narita my bag did appear but the tag was completely unstuck and only held on by the pressure of the sprung loaded handle.
I wrote to BA's website and to Willie Walsh head of IAG with photographs since he is also head of the London Chamber of Commerce who issued the carnet the case was travelling under since it contained valuable samples.
Nothing from BA and an acknowledgement from Walsh that I used his old email address and that my complaint would be answered in due course.
That was FIVE weeks ago!
BA's strapline is Fly to Serve! Who I wonder?

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Total disrespect from the new UAL GioInLA United Airlines Complaints 1 Apr 12, 2012 7:18 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked charleston service cancelled, terrible customer service jmb Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 16 Oct 24, 2009 6:38 PM