COMPLAINT: Air Arabia: cancelled a flight and refused to refund amount paid for set of tickets

Old Jan 9, 2011, 2:23 PM
puerrtto puerrtto is offline

Join Date: Aug 2009

As my Israeli collegues usually joking "If the Arabs were a bit more - they would throw us into the sea". Sounds Funny. In brief -

On the end of November 2010, I bought in "Air Arabia" webcite (www.airarabia.com) tickets from Alexandria (Egypt) to Casablanca (Morocco) on 5th of Feb till 15th of Feb 2011. A direct flight. Several local flight within Morocco were locked and connected to that flight from Egypt.

Here is my e-ticket - http://pics.livejournal.com/puerrtto/pic/004gft47.jpg

A week ago I was badly surprised to receive am email from the airline mentionet above, that my flight times changed. They informed me (again - informed, not asked) that my flight is on 17th of Feb, not 15th as I booked. Needless to say, that it was unacceptable for me. I wrote an email to their customer relations http://www.airarabia.com/contact-us without any respond at all. I called to their Morocco office in Casablanca (080 2000 803), but every time you dial - you hear answering machine in Arabic. That's it. You can leave your message, but no one call you back.

Here is their schedule change letter - http://pics.livejournal.com/puerrtto/pic/004gb85q.jpg

In order to make it clear, I have checked a schedule of Alexandria (EG) airport, and I discovered, that Air Arabia closed that line from Alexandria to Casablanca complitely. What means, that my flight wasn't changed from 15th to 17th, but cancelled. You can ask me, why did that send that kind of email about schedule changes? I don't know.

Here is their website, my flight is designated as non-exist http://pics.livejournal.com/puerrtto/pic/004gaefa.jpg

After closed to several days of useless calls to their offices in Morocco, Spain, France and etc, I came to the conclusion that I have no other choice but to apply with chargeback to Mastercard. For now I'm waiting for my money back via that unfriendly "route".

Last edited by puerrtto; Jan 9, 2011 at 2:27 PM.

Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:00 AM
bilingual bilingual is offline

Join Date: Oct 2010

Does not sound like an airline i would ever use, scary that they do not even inform you about the cancellation.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 4:57 AM
kernelab kernelab is offline

Join Date: Apr 2011

air arabia, cancelled the Nepal to KL route, iturned up at airport, they hadnt even bothered to contact me, and i have no idea why they cancelled the route. They still have no refudned me the $300 after several attempts to ring them, and their affiliated travel insurance company don;t reply either....

do not fly fly with these greedy arabs.... pay more and fly with someone decent..

Customer Service Continental Refused to Refund a Fully Refundable Ticket mquamar Customer Service 10 May 9, 2010 9:04 PM
AirOne - cancelled flight and will not refund $ italytravel Other Airline Complaints 13 Aug 3, 2009 10:39 PM
Viva Aerobus Mexican Airline- They Cancelled flight/ No refund mcangas Other Airline Complaints 0 Aug 21, 2008 8:42 PM