In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Harassed by flight attendant

Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:59 PM

Harassed by flight attendant..I have not flown American Airlines since this incident. I refuse to fly them again. On I believe it was August 25, I was flying from Illinois to Florida with my seven day Old grandson. I had just taken custody of him from the Illinois court. I had him in an approved car seat which he rode in on the way to the airport with the seatbelt attached. The airplane we took seemed quite old and the seats were very small. Although the seatbelt in the car worked perfectly the seatbelt in the airplane itself would not fit around the baby's car seat. The flight attendant was extremely rude and yelling at me to get that seatbelt on that baby seat. I repeatedly told her that it would not fit around the car seat and that I needed an extender. She kept saying well you better make it fit find away. This went on for quite some time until she said will hold the baby in your lap during the flight. She was so rude that people around me were commenting about her rudeness and she was loud enough for everyone to hear everything she was saying and I was quite embarrassed. During the flight, she harassed me again about making the seatbelt fit. I believe there was turbulence . Again she harassed me quite loudly towards the end of the flight to make sure to put the baby car seat in the seat next to me and get a seatbelt on it. Again I reminded her that the seatbelt would not fit and I invited her to try it herself which she flat out refused but every time she spoke to me she was condescending, extremely loud, and embarrassing me in front of other passengers. Before I left the plane she loudly proclaimed in front of everyone quotation "is this your first child!? Obviously, you've never had a child before". I was very angry and embarrassed, but felt like I couldn't fight back. That's the problem it seems like they have all the power and if you dare argue with them you will be kicked off the plane. I did call and complain with American Airlines but they didn't seem to care at all and nothing ever came of it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook