COMPLAINT: SEVERE problems trying to get reimbursement

Old Mar 16, 2007, 1:44 AM
Linda Linda is offline

Join Date: Mar 2007

I am having SEVERE problems trying to get reimbursement for clothing I had to purchase while in Paris, Bern and Lucerne Switzerland. I had travel insurance with Trip Mate. I have been dealing in a long drawn-out process since June 4, 2006. Delta Airlines left a container of luggage sitting on the tarmac, located it several hours after I arrived in Paris on June 5, 2006. Refused to advise WHEN I could expect to receive my luggage, finally on Wednesday June 7, Delta stated they were waiting for a flight that they could send the whole container without having to open it. I had been in the same clothing since the past Sunday, June 4. I had to have some clean clothing by Wednesday. It was cold in Paris, the first day of the trip, HAD to buy a coat the first day. I was with a tour group, the tour moved quickly and did not have time to wash clothes, get them dry before having to leave for another destination the following day.

Delta refuses to reimburse me, will not return e-mails and Trip Mate, the travel insurance company SAYS they will reimburse $100. I would like to know where they think you can buy even one outfit for $100 in Europe. When I called Trip Mate, after returning to the US, I advised them what clothing I had to purchase; they told me that the insurance would cover up to $500 in clothing and that I would be covered for the clothing that I purchased. So far, I have not received anything form Delta or Trip Mate. I thought it would be Delta Airlines place to reimburse me, since Delta knew where my luggage was, knew where I was and did nothing until it was convenient for them. If you can help me with this situation, I'll send ALL paperwork and complete information. It is ABSOLUTELY insane what I have been dealing with. Both companies apparently think, if they ignore me , I'll go away. I want to get this information to as many people as possible, so these companies can be exposed.
The information I have included is not complete, so if you can help, let me know.
How can these companies continue to operate and have no consequences?
It would be appreciated, if someone could help me get the full dollar amount reimbursed, either from Delta or from Trip Mate. Trip Mate insurance company is a liar and Delta Airlines could care less.

Thanks
Dealing with Two of a Kind

Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:35 PM
aapilot aapilot is offline
American Airlines Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Join Date: Apr 2007

you'll need to take the clothes with the tags to delta for a reimbursement.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 7:30 PM
dragonfire6.delta.com dragonfire6.delta.com is offline
Delta Air Lines Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Sound like you bought some crappy insurance!

HaHA
Old Sep 30, 2007, 4:04 AM
thatguy5 thatguy5 is offline

I'm gonna pass on this one ...

tg5
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:09 PM
rudybjr rudybjr is offline

Join Date: Apr 2009

Just like any insurance company. They accept your policy and then try to deny claims when they come in. Delta should pay you as well as the insurance company.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Canceled honeymoon flight - no reimbursement quantumstate American Airlines Complaints 2 Sep 26, 2007 2:09 PM