Old May 8, 2011, 1:15 AM
gatorclm gatorclm is offline

Join Date: May 2011
Default gross bathrooms and broken seats

2 out of 4 flights had uncleaned and smelly bathrooms. I spoke to flight attendants who were totally unconcerned. As a nurse I know the answer is "I am so sorry, we will have it cleaned as soon as we land. Thank you for pointing out the issue." Amazing you cannot teach this, I learned at 17 years old how to do this. Sad.
Several seats were broken and would not recline.
Thank you.
Old May 8, 2011, 5:21 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

There's nothing that can be done in flight. The flight staff aren't responsible for cleaning the bathrooms, and quite probably don't even have any cleaning supplies onboard aside from some "409" and paper towels.

The seats might not have been broken. Some are designed NOT to recline, particularly if an emergency exit row is behind them.
Old May 8, 2011, 7:00 PM
gatorclm gatorclm is offline

Join Date: May 2011
Default I understand

I understand the flight attendants should not be cleaning bathrooms. I never said on my complaint that they should. I only ask for the proper response. The seat I was in was not an exit seat, it was simply broken. This is a complaint area, right? So when I add to the discussion, why am I chastised for doing so? Just trying to bring attention to the fact that these issues could be so easily fixed by the proper response, hence, the improved appearance of customer service. Thanks for you input.
Old May 9, 2011, 7:15 AM
A320FAN A320FAN is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by gatorclm View Post
Several seats were broken and would not recline.
Thank you.
Which Airline? Also just an FYI, the Seats on Spirit, and Ryanair are in a fixed position and do not recline.
Old May 9, 2011, 10:05 AM

A320... Here is a clue. It's in the Delta airlines thread.

Delta charm school no longer teaches I am sorry as a technique. The reply should have been, the charge for cleaning the toilets is $50.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 5:25 PM
Shinseidoka Shinseidoka is offline

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: YVR
Default re dirty toilet seats

Sorry for late comment..

No one is trying to chastise you but all the comments are appropriate.

I cannot comment re the seats but frankly, I am surprised that as a nurse you just don't carry some kind of spray disinfectant as a habit and save time and avoid stress by not bothering to mentioning issue to flight attendants whose job is not to clean the airplanes. It would have been more effective (and my apologies if you did) to write a letter after your trip.

imagine, how gross, the flight attendant serves your food and you expect them to clean the toilets too. honestly!

Originally Posted by gatorclm View Post
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:38 PM
Webster Webster is offline

Join Date: Jun 2011

I would hope if a toilet is out of order or unacceptable, the FA would simply direct the passenger to another toilet that was in working order, without any drama. Have seen out-of-order toilets on many flights, on many different carriers. Reviewed the OP and don't see anywhere that the FA was asked to clean the toilet.

That's one of the reasons I typically refuse the liquid refreshments that are passed out, less intake, less need for restroom.

Haven't had a problem with seats that didn't recline, however, had many instances of seats that would not stay upright, keep sinking back and of course, the FA (that is not a reference to anyone's weight) keeps coming by on take off and landing and saying, "Sir, you will have to bring your seat to an upright position" It is so common, the FAs have a slang term, I think they call them "sinkers"

Customer Service From First Class to Bathrooms on Delta Flight #245 FrustratedWithDelta Delta Air Lines Complaints 4 Dec 17, 2010 10:46 PM
Customer Service Broken Promise Robertk Delta Air Lines Complaints 16 Aug 2, 2010 10:15 PM
Customer Service American Airlines, a gross INCONVENIENCE MissyB American Airlines Complaints 4 Apr 15, 2008 5:54 PM
In-flight Issue Bad Bathrooms on flight theocs American Airlines Complaints 0 Feb 22, 2007 2:03 PM