SkyMiles Complaints

Have you tried using your miles or elite status but encountered problems? Had any problems earning mileage?

Lost 40,000 miles and Delta won't credit them back

Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:05 PM

My miles were expiring on Dec 31, 2010 so to prevent from expiring I purchased on Dec 10th a gift certificate from Lands End using the Skymiles Marketplace. I called Delta Customer Service on Dec 20th as I didn't yet see the purchase and was informed to wait as it can take up to 45 days to appear. The rep said she would notate my account.

My miles expired and when I tried to correct and get them re-instated with Delta, they informed me gift certificates were not eligible and if I wanted my miles back, I would have to purchase them. I was NOT informed of the ineligibility by the Delta Customer Service req on Dec 20th - if they had I would done something else to prevent these miles from expiring.

I'm still disputing this with Delta. Has anyone had any similiar experience with Delta?

Regards, Deb
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:06 PM

A more pertinant question would be has anyone not had this happen with Delta. The are a rapacious bunch of thieves.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 4:41 PM

I'm happy to report that I sent a letter to the the name and address for Delta I found on this website and they responded back and re-instated all my miles!