Customer Service
COMPLAINT: 220 EUR for a name correction

Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:25 AM

I booked a flight to Ibiza with a group. During booking Ryanair does not require passport ID. I used the given name known by me for all people, but during checkin it appears my parents-in-law have multiple christian names not corresponding with their given name.

Contacted Ryanair customer service and they say the name correction is 220 EUR and it is just their policy I agreed with. That's that and it constitutes more than the flight costs.

I think it's very unfair policy. I can understand complications with issues like ticket reselling, but they could easily verify these are the same people if they would also require the passport ID at the time of booking.

I am flabergasted. Beware, even a typo could cost you 110 EUR per mistake.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook