Check-in / Boarding
COMPLAINT: Charged for medicines and water for pregnant wife

Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:16 AM

Was in Dubai, flying economy. Duty Free sold us 2 bottles and some dates. We had 2 bottles of water, and a bunch of medicines and things for my pregnant wife and I. I've been written out as disabled for 15+ years and carry some medical equipment with me. Guy at the counter was a total jerk to us and told us we would have to throw away everything over their 15lb (or 9kg) limit per carry on. I tried to explain that she's pregnant and needs water and some snacks for her flight and that I've got medicines and medical equipment in the bag. Guy said too bad, if we want to board, we have to pay for baggage overages. $350 later, we got to get on board. I filed a complaint with them, and they took almost the full 30 days to write back about it and told me too bad. I guess I have to go to the FAA next with it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook