COMPLAINT: Charged for medicines and water for pregnant wife

Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:16 AM
lordboots lordboots is offline

Join Date: Apr 2017

Was in Dubai, flying economy. Duty Free sold us 2 bottles and some dates. We had 2 bottles of water, and a bunch of medicines and things for my pregnant wife and I. I've been written out as disabled for 15+ years and carry some medical equipment with me. Guy at the counter was a total jerk to us and told us we would have to throw away everything over their 15lb (or 9kg) limit per carry on. I tried to explain that she's pregnant and needs water and some snacks for her flight and that I've got medicines and medical equipment in the bag. Guy said too bad, if we want to board, we have to pay for baggage overages. $350 later, we got to get on board. I filed a complaint with them, and they took almost the full 30 days to write back about it and told me too bad. I guess I have to go to the FAA next with it.

In-flight Issue Hot water burn drgirish KLM Complaints 0 Oct 1, 2016 10:58 AM
Customer Service Pregnant women poor customer service ericmacaire Etihad Airways Complaints 1 Aug 5, 2015 7:48 AM
British airways service to pregnant woman with 9 months old baby. Ninasawyer British Airways Complaints 3 Feb 26, 2013 4:12 PM
Customer Service Pregnant Wife refused pre-boarding wisestone American Airlines Complaints 24 May 8, 2009 5:24 PM
Burn with Hot water beesymom General Discussion 13 Feb 6, 2009 8:57 AM